Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1225 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is a thread about the NBA and all things basketball. Basketball discussions and debates, predictions about the new season, favorite teams, favorite players (T-MAC!!)
I need the NBA, I'm dying!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
t-mac? Coming off the bench for the pistons t-mac?

·
Man on the Moon
1,846 Posts
I don't know how I'm gonna make it if the NBA doesn't have a season this year..... for the last 10 years or so, I've followed the NBA hardcore. I like other sports too, but none of them are quite as fun to follow as the NBA

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mcgrady is awesome

Yes 4 time scoring champion Mcgrady :mumlol. Me too man, since the Kobe and Shaq days. Hopefully the players will take thier paycut before the season starts instead of holding out and then taking it. Thier taking a paycut...22 out of 30 teams losing money and they want to argue thier not geting paid too much :no. Who are your guys favorite teams and players??

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
I was just wondering the other day if there was a sports section on this forum, and... I have found my savior, especially the NBA thread :D

Go Lakers!

It's going to seriously suck if there will indeed be no season this year. So ridiculous.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey happy you're here :)

I was just wondering the other day if there was a sports section on this forum, and... I have found my savior, especially the NBA thread :D

Go Lakers!

It's going to seriously suck if there will indeed be no season this year. So ridiculous.
I know eh, I need the nba like a vampire needs blood. Go Mavs :). I am proud to say that after 10+ years of watching NBA i finally won a chamionship :clap. I hope the strike will finish right in the nick of time like teh NFL. I also hope there will be a hard cap so like the NFL and Hockey any team canwin the championship every year, instead of 5 possible teams.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
You guys truly deserved it though. I was getting sick and tired of hearing about Miami ALLLL SEASSSSOOOON LOOOOONG, especially Lebron James. I really do not want to hear about them next season (whenever that'll be). I'm quite glad we haven't heard much about Miami during off-season, thankfully.

Have you ever been to any NBA games before?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers :)

You guys truly deserved it though. I was getting sick and tired of hearing about Miami ALLLL SEASSSSOOOON LOOOOONG, especially Lebron James. I really do not want to hear about them next season (whenever that'll be). I'm quite glad we haven't heard much about Miami during off-season, thankfully.

Have you ever been to any NBA games before?
Yea eh, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7.....yawn. They are cheaters, they all planned the big three 3 years before they did it. If the NBA had rules like the stockmarket they would all go to jail for insider trading :yes. This is the best time of the year except for the playoffs where all the big trades and free agents sign. I love looking at NBA.com transactions and getting shocked by the big moves :(. No, unfortunately I never have. I used to live in ottawa and missed my chance :(. Have you? Maybe I can imagine your experience and count it a bit :b

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
MAVS :clap

There's another NBA thread in here somewhere that we had going during last year's season. But, anyway, it was good times when the Mavs were here in Dallas during the playoffs for a few games and ended up winning! I was at a bar for the final game and grown men were CRYING. It was awesome.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MAVS :clap

There's another NBA thread in here somewhere that we had going during last year's season. But, anyway, it was good times when the Mavs were here in Dallas during the playoffs for a few games and ended up winning! I was at a bar for the final game and grown men were CRYING. It was awesome.
I'm so jealous :sigh lol. I would of done anything to of experienced that playoffs. i've liked them since the Raef Lafrenz era lol. I miss Shawn Bradley, he was awesome. I had a few tears in my eye too but...but it was just dust ;).

·
roivas yromem eerf lla
2,487 Posts
Hey, Air Canada, he was the only bit basketball people in canada were proud in the NBA for years. Toronto has a horrible record of letting talent slip through thier fingers. Clips eh, I like Blake Griffin, he's one my newest players :).
Yeh hope Blake keeps improving he can be something really special.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definately, hes the kind of player who comes around every 10 years or so. I also love the Knicks, I don't know why but I formed a likeness to them when they were the worst team in the league. having t-mac and jamal crawford definately helped.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Yea eh, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7.....yawn. They are cheaters, they all planned the big three 3 years before they did it. If the NBA had rules like the stockmarket they would all go to jail for insider trading :yes. This is the best time of the year except for the playoffs where all the big trades and free agents sign. I love looking at NBA.com transactions and getting shocked by the big moves :(. No, unfortunately I never have. I used to live in ottawa and missed my chance :(. Have you? Maybe I can imagine your experience and count it a bit :b
You can say that again. It's ridiculous. Very sad move by Lebron because he had stated a couple times before that he was absolutely loyal to Cleveland, then BOOM! the bomb went off with that ridiculous ESPN "special" when everyone who have been traded only just get a brief news story, nothing like a big SHOW. *sighs* The NBA sure isn't what it used to be. I'm scared that all the "bigs" in the league will just team up together... where's the competition in that really? Such a great thing that Kobe and MJ never teamed up back in the 90s. Things sure wouldn't be as legendary between them like it is now if they had teamed up.

Thoughts on Dwight Howard by any chance? I heard he's thought about Lakers and other teams to join....

But nah I've never been to a game. I live about an hour from the Staples Center but I've never been able to afford to go :( lol

Clips eh, I like Blake Griffin, he's one my newest players :).
Amazing dude, on and off the court, in my opinion. Definitely looking forward to see him play again

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes,

I'm very relieved that the Mavs won the championship this year. They deserved it, especially Dirk Nowitzki.

T-mac was my favorite player in the NBA from his days on the Raptors to his "prime" years on the Magic. His tenure on the Houston Rockets, though, felt somewhat very mixed due to his injury proneness.

Now, I'd have to say that the Lakers have always been my favorite team to support and root for. I always liked Kobe Bryant as a player viscerally, but he became my favorite player as T-mac's injuries slowly led to his decline and as Kobe steadily elevated his game to another level by carrying the Lakers on his back.

I miss the 2000-2005 days in the NBA, too, when the stars, of today, (lebron, wade, carmelo, dwight) were just rookies and players like Tmac, Vince Carter, Steve Francis, Kevin Garnett, Allen Iverson, held the spotlight.

I may have been a little too young to watch/understand the NBA during the 90s, but I'm never going to forget NBA on NBC with Bob Costas and its theme song, haha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Huge Knicks fan!!!!! Proud to be one of the few fans who stuck with the team through their uhh rough patch(?).

Really hoping this lockout ends soon. I was actually looking forward to summer league and the preseason and the trades. *sigh* They need to get it together ASAP.

I definitely rooted for Dallas because J. Kidd and Dirk def deserved it. As for Miami I have no problem with them. Love dwade, tolerate lebron (definitely respect his game), and I think they have a good shot this year.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats what happens when you hire your friend as your agent. After Lebron went from loved superstar to hated villain, his friend agent ditched him and left him to dig his way out of his grave which only kept getting deeper. I remember I watched the fist game back to Cleveland for Lebron and in the after game interview he was asked if he regretted the way he did the "Big Move" and he said he ahd no regrets. Nice answer Lebron :no. Teaming up is cheating and ruins the game, no other sport does that. One a side note about bigs, how much smaller has the league gotten after Shaq wasn't completely dominant. Every position downgraded is height and weight by 2 inches and 10 pounds. No more 7 feet 300 pounders, their phased out and completely useless now. Yea Dwight needs to get out of Orlando pronto, they have a worst team in the league kind of roster with horrible contracts. he'll probably become a Laker (lucky you :clap) I wouldn't mind Dwight on the Mavericks :yes. Don't worry I can't afford to go either, it would cost me 3000 dollars :b

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Me too, If we didn't win this year we probably wouldn't have the chance for another decade. Ok Dirk is super human, he amazed me and deserves to be considered in the top 30 players of all time after that. Amazing shooting performance, he didn't even get lay-ups he mid range fade awayed himeself to a title. Yea eh, t-mac could of done so much more with his career, such a shame injuries too it over. i remember when t-mac, Yao and ron artest ended up on the same team, I thought they would be contenders, but it was disappointment after disappointment. Yea eh, I miss allen iverson, i have his jersey from the 76ers. he's playing in China right now (or the euroleague not sure) 2000-2005 was a great stretch. I've never heard that theme song, i'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Knicks fan :bananaYea, fans need the offseason. It's exciting to see how the league forms and a preview into which teams will be interesting this year. J Kidd and Dirk definately deserved it and it was even more sweet that they beat Miami who stole it from us last time we made finals. yea huge rough patch, lesson to be learned, don't sign bad players to lucrative 7 year contracts lol

1 - 20 of 1225 Posts