Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard great things about this medication...

Few questions:

1) I've heard it causes crazy side-effects, like sexual disfunction etc. Do these go away after a while? I could live with insomnia... but not being able to get it up... not sure ;)
2) Also heard it got reformulated in 2003 and is not as good now. Is this true? Any way to buy the "original"?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
1) I've heard it causes crazy side-effects, like sexual disfunction etc. Do these go away after a while? I could live with insomnia... but not being able to get it up... not sure
You will most likely not get impotent from Nardil, it can just cause anorgasmia, but I think SSRIs cause this more often. It can get better with time, but that's not always the case.

2) Also heard it got reformulated in 2003 and is not as good now. Is this true? Any way to buy the "original"?
It has been reformulated and it will probably be pretty hard to buy old bottles of Nardil. ;)

·
Equilibrian Epicurius
1,028 Posts
Don't be concerned about the reformulations. There's no solid evidence reporting decreased efficacy of the new one in comparison to the original.

The side effects mostly fade with time when on a consistent dose. After I had been on 60mg for 2-3 weeks, the insomnia had been extinguished. Cannabis is the best choice for counteracting this side effect IMO. Extremely delayed ejaculation is essentially a guaranteed side effect, but impotency is something I've never experienced from Nardil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts