Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much weight, if any, did you gain since you started Nardil?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I essentially lost my appetite after starting Nardil and have lost 6 pounds in one month. I literally have to force myself to eat. Losing one's appetite is a common side-effect on Nardil.

·
GrandCustodian of Synosis
553 Posts
Its real sad if all you have to help you are MAOI's & Benzodiazepines - those of course dont work.

Its a clear fact that Benzodiazepines ONLY Stop Panic Attacks, & bare no further treatment or benefit to life, alongside being highly dulling, depressive & a far more severe dependance than opioids. They simply do not treat anxiety, only panic and physical neuroexcitability related to GABA.

Its also clear that MOAI's unselective increase of monoamines is not a treatment for depression nor anxiety either. I experienced a couple of MAOIs including Nardil & Harmaline. I know what they are like, and its not treatment nor life enhancing in any way.

A sad state of affairs when one is only offered meds that cause weight gain and told to go F yourself in so many words if doctors have no treatment available to you.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Its a clear fact that Benzodiazepines ONLY Stop Panic Attacks, & bare no further treatment or benefit to life, alongside being highly dulling, depressive & a far more severe dependance than opioids. They simply do not treat anxiety, only panic and physical neuroexcitability related to GABA.

Its also clear that MOAI's unselective increase of monoamines is not a treatment for depression nor anxiety either. I experienced a couple of MAOIs including Nardil & Harmaline. I know what they are like, and its not treatment nor life enhancing in any way.
Who are you to generalize your own experiences on everyone else in the world? MAOIs and benzos have helped lots of people with SAD, sometimes with spectacular results, myself included.

Narrow-minded and pessimistic; perhaps something you should work on negative nancy.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I tried nardil 105 mg for four years, I gained wieght from about 64 kg to about 73 kg ..
strangely nardil was the only antidepressant or psycho active medication that caused weight gain for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts