Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
Everyone with depression/anxiety should try nardil at least once in their life. If not, then you're seriously missing out.

My only regret is that I didn't try it earlier, could have given myself 10 extra years of a happy life without anxiety. Just glad I tried it when I did, or I probably wouldn't even be alive today.
what if one is stabilised on another medication or cocktail? it hardly would seem that that individual would be missing out on anything by not trialing nardil.

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
yeah, i mean, we all know that reaction to psychotropics is highly idiosyncratic so stating conclusively that nardil is the best of the best is a bit lofty.

i'm stabilised and happily so. i also happen to not be taking nardil.

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
My research was based on anecdotal reports from places like psycho-babble where people were complaining of anhedonia/apathy on it. It seems though with further digging it may be a small subset of people. It may even be that if they waited it out it would have gone away. I'm actually considering going on Nardil if Clomipramine doesn't cut it in the next 2 weeks. I'm just researching it further now and want to know everything possible before I make the dive. I'm also need to prep myself for the conversation with my doctor. Part of that convo will be convincing her to let me stay on mirtazapine for sleep just in case Nardil causes insomnia.

To those who have taken it, did you get medical bracelets? Do pharmacies have them typically?

Oh and how were cognitive functions and attention/focus?
you're beginning to catch up to me in that you'll have tried nearly every psychotropic available in the next, um, two months? perhaps three!

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
Hah we shall see. I'm hoping the MAOis are my final step. I mean these are the ones that work out most for treatment resistant depression.
yeah, i'm totally done with my core cocktail and am totally not making any changes. i'm just adding things here and there to offset lyrica/luvox side effects. i absolutely cannot do what you're doing, though, unfortunately. i wish i could, but i've almost exclusively only been able to augment rather than completely touch my core team of meds.

the maoi might just do it for you - is it easy to get prescribed in canada? it's not easy to get prescribed in spain?

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
I honestly don't know. I never threw it at my doctor. You think maybe I should stay on clomipramine until I see her? I was going to stop it today so that I can start flushing the drug out. If she doesn't prescribe it though I don't know what I'll do. My argument will be that the clomipramine is actually more dangerous because it can cause heart issues as well as be overdosed much easier.

It would annoy me because intelligent guys like us should be able to go on these drugs without doctors worrying. It's the idiots out there who think they are invincible that are the problems.
i think you should probably continue the clomipramine until the physician's appointment in the event that she doesn't prescribe the maoi.

i mean, you do have justifiable reasons for wishing to stop the medication, but as always one has to weigh the risk to benefit ratio and i don't know how far the drug is leaning in either direction for you. what's the efficacy like? if the efficacy is particularly poor, then, sure, stop the medication as it isn't doing much anyhow (if this is the case).

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
I've had some "OK" days where i'm not as depressed, but for the most part I've remained depressed and anhedonia is horrible. My focus/attention has definitely improved though. I've been on 150mg for 2 weeks now. 2 weeks on lower doses prior to that.
well, it's doing something, although it may or may not be the right medication for you - at least as a monotherapy.

had your physician mentioned any augmentation strategies prior in the event that the tca isn't efficacious enough alone?

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
Nah other than clonidine. I thought about adding lamictal, but I mean I would expect to at least notice something by now for the depression part. Even something like Zoloft is able to show some signs of working within a 2 week period.

I can continue taking it till I see her just in case but my only problem is if she tells me I have to titrate the dose downwards which will waste even more time. I'm the type of person that will go cold turkey as it's not 'truly' cold turkey given that it's in your blood for another week or two.
lamictal may be good for depression, although probably not at all for anhedonia.

just wrote you on clonidine.

if she says that you are able to trial nardil, tell her that you have stopped the tca even if you haven't just to get the prescription and then start some two weeks later. don't tell her what's going on with the tca until she has committed (or not) to the maoi. this may or may not work because she may immediately go to what your experiences are with the tca. hm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.