Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1bottle of moonshine john
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyperthermia is listed as a common side effect of Nardil.

WTF.

Hyperthermia & Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome - Common? Rare? Heard of it happening to anyone?

NMS scares me more than serotonin syndrome.

All these things can happen from just the Nardil alone.

Thoughts?

John

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I would rather be dead than continue on like this day after day. If I die on Nardil, then so be it.

Reactions: CD700

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would rather be dead than continue on like this day after day. If I die on Nardil, then so be it.
I feel the same to be honest, im realising. Cannot take it anymore. Its either Nardil or I dont want to be here. I have no other options left.

Thanks for the post,

John

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm cold all the time. Nardil does not make this any worse.

just take nardil. It doesn't have to be the end-all in life, just another journey.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
How exactly has nardil affected you sexually? (If you don't mind). And if either of you have taken a 5ht1a agonist like viibryd, or even just a regular SSRI, how does the nardil compare in regard to the increased social functioning/social motivation?

Thanks.

I'm cold all the time. Nardil does not make this any worse.

just take nardil. It doesn't have to be the end-all in life, just another journey.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
OP, don't take it. Nardil can cause priapism in 1/40,000. Say goodbye to your penis.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How exactly has nardil affected you sexually? (If you don't mind). And if either of you have taken a 5ht1a agonist like viibryd, or even just a regular SSRI, how does the nardil compare in regard to the increased social functioning/social motivation?

Thanks.
Nardil has definitely significantly decreased the ability to orgasm. Every SSRI and SNRI did this as well. Eventually I could while on Pristiq, but it wasn't a sure thing. Fortunately, every time I quit those meds I usually got my 'abilities' back in 3 days.

Nardil is no different, typical sexual side effects, but I'm ok with it for now while I try to balance out its potential benefits. Eventually I'd like to find a happy medium but its going to be a wait and see game with Nardil.

(This is sexual side effects from a female's experience btw- in case that isn't clear, though they are similar, I imagine guys are still a bit different)

I can't say for sure on the social functioning and motivation, I'm giving it more time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts