Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Silence Is Golden
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make a list of shows you wish weren't cancelled

The show I wish wasn't cancelled is Spectacular Spiderman. I know it was a kids show but it was awesome. Had it not been cancelled, season 3 would have had villains like Hobgoblin and Scorpion.

·
()
926 Posts
Just one? All good shows get cancelled... The ending of the second season of Twin Peaks was so interesting compared to the last third of the series, and the final episode was literary overflowing with cliffhangers, but they've just been hanging there for twenty years now without a proper conclusion. Frustrating!

·
dirt person
2,788 Posts
Arrested Development. (Apparently they're making a movie? I'm not sure whether that's still going to happen or not.)

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
Gilmore Girls

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
Just one? So hard. Since I know others will say Arrested Development/Firefly/Freaks & Geeks, I'll choose:

Wonderfalls

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
There are so many but I'll give you the top 5

One life to live- (Not being Cancelled all together but it sure feels that way since it's going off the air in Jan but maybe we'll get lucky and a new network will actually pick it up a network I can watch on Cable) other wise Prospect Park will get the green light and the show will go online where I may or may not be able to watch it for free if I have to download it forget it, the only way I'd be able to watch it is if users could still upload the episodes onto youtube.

All my children- Goes off the air after 41 years next week, it's moving to Prospect Park and will be on the internet but if I can't watch it than it's cancelled. I hate that they are canceling these shows, shows that are a part of who I am, It's unfair to people who don't have access to the internet to watch it when it goes online if it even goes online.

You have shows like X Men the Animated series, I loved that show as a kid so much story left to tell.

I would have to second Twin Peaks, ended way too soon.

Batman the animated series, my favorite animated show as a kid, infact I wish they hadn't cancelled Dark Wing Duck, I'm sure they still come on Cartoon Network or something but since I don't have those to me they are cancelled.

Honorable mentions, Before reality tv we had something called the family sitcom, I don't mean the new stuff that's on now I mean when jokes were actually funny and the shows were about family, obviously all the actors have moved on, have passed away and or are not interested but what happened to shows like Who's the Boss, The Facts of life, Growing Pains etc etc etc?

I also second the person who said My So Called Life, I do get why though, if the show hadn't been cancelled Claire Danes wouldn't be a well known Hollywood Actor, sure she'd get a few films between breaks on the show but she'd forever be known as Angela, plus Claire would be too old to continue anyways.

What happened to good quality family tv

(Had to let it out force of habit) it helps release chemicals in my brain, good therapy.

·
Security Risk
293 Posts
Still fairly dazed from the tragic early loss of 'Sym-Bionic Titan'.

By a smilar note, I can't really complain given it had gotten more episodes than a lot of other shows but 'Samurai Jack' really needs to get to have his final epic showdown with Aku.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Cybersix

The heroine of the series is the eponymous character, Cybersix, a leather-clad artificial human superhero who by day operates behind the guise of a male high school literature teacher, and by night battles the monstrous biological weapons of her creator. She is aided in her adventures by her younger brother Cyber-29, who is reborn in the body of a black panther known as Data 7. The extended cast includes Cybersix's colleague and love interest Lucas Amato, a student named Lori in love with her male guise, a young street wise kid named Juliann as well as others

^that is a girl on the left

Swingtown was a guilty pleasure.

I believe the Arrested Development movie is going to happen.
oh yeah Swingtown was a great show! When it first came out, I was kind of put off and disgusted and offended by the concept of the show, but then I saw a marathon on Bravo one day and I got sucked into it, I was really interested to see what would happen next if the show continued.

And also, most definitely Arrested Development, can't believe that show was canceled, it was HILARIOUS. And did you catch Jason Bateman's interview on the Daily Show Jon Stewart like a month ago? He addressed the whole movie thing, it's gonna happen.

·
unstable
2,590 Posts
Honorable mentions
Yeah I seriously miss al those old school family sitcoms. Don't even get me started :wife Family matters, Fresh Prince, A Differnet World, Step By Step, Boy Meets World, etc etc. Tired of reality shows and shakey camera or w/e type sitcoms (though I did love Arrested Development)

Cybersix

And also, most definitely Arrested Development, can't believe that show was canceled, it was HILARIOUS. And did you catch Jason Bateman's interview on the Daily Show Jon Stewart like a month ago? He addressed the whole movie thing, it's gonna happen.
Cybersix :nw
And as far as animated shows: Clone High! (matter of fact I'm gonna just splurge right now and buy the DVD)

Arrested Development! My mom bought me Season3 on DVD but little does she know that I can't watch shows out of order :lol So I haven't watched AD in years lol

One that people might not remember: Boston Public. Crazy Fox show that straight up vanished one day.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Firefly, I can only imagine how many great storylines would've came out of it if stupid Fox had given it a chance. At least we got a movie though.

Other shows I wish hadn't been cancelled-Arrested Development, Freaks and Geeks, Veronica Mars, The 4400, Carnivale, and Party Down

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.