Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so heres the thing, my work place has decided that i need to see a psychologist,

1. I had suffered from psychosis due to recreational drug abuse

2. As agreement with the company i was required to take anti-psychotics via intermuscular injections for six months (to prevent any re-lapses) to retain my job.
Also i was required to random drug tests for 6 months.

3. The company is unsure whether this will happen again, and need the second opinion of a highly paid private psychologist to prove that i am "stable"

I really want to go onto oral medication to prevent the potential side-effects including (weight gain and Akathisia - this is really annoying just staying still is hard)

My opinion is that i do not require anti-psychotics altogether, as it was a amphetamine induced psychosis, and since im not taking recreational drugs i should be "stable".

my question is

What will the psychologist ask me ?

and 2. can he prove that i need anti-psychotic medicine altogether,

any advice would be appreciated if any body has any experience dealing with such cases..

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akathisia

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I think you mean psychiatrist (as opposed to psychologist) if it has anything to do with prescribing anti-psychotics.

In general, they will just ask you general questions about work and family life and stress, and you don't have to say anything you don't want to say.

Just say coherent things in your appointment and be forthright.

Good luck, and please do whatever it takes to keep you job! We're rooting for you!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the lady from HR told me "i had nothing to worry about"
well...went to see him it was quite intense, espically the questions he was asking me, he kept on probing to see if i was telling the truth. I was honest and upfront, but i completely disagreed that i should take the injections, foremost i think i should have the choice to take oral anti-psychotics, as it is my body, and i am in charge of "how i choose to think"

I believe that the company i work for is unsure of me, they are so tight when it comes to upholding "Heath and Safety regulations"
My recreational drug use is something i like to leave in the past, thats not me any more, i meant really, don't they believe that people can be rehabilitated and shown that they can enjoy life without them.

all i want them to do is get me back to the job i used to do and im suppose to do. These guys from management have no idea when it comes to mental health, hence them getting a forensic psychologist on my case....geee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts