Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm obviously a newbie here, so I'll *try* to give a little about myself. I'm about to turn 27 and have had severe SAD for as long as I can remember. I can remember episodes of social anxiety going all the way back to before kindergarten. Now it is so severe that I can't do anything or talk to anybody. I've got the feelings of isolation, loneliness, and depression that comes with this whole mess.

I recently(about a year ago) started therapy and my therapist says I have severe generalized social anxiety with OCD tendencies, or something like that. She also said that I was definitely one of her more extreme cases. So the only thing in the world I'm good at doing is SAD...well at least I'm good at something.

Well, I'm surprised was able to write this up, as it's really hard for me to talk to people, especially when it's about myself. It doesn't matter if it's face to face, on the phone, through email, or via carrier pigeon, even the most basic communication is difficult for me.

So...that's me in a nutshell...:rain

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
:/
957 Posts
hi Hypnotoad,

I have severe SA too. I was hesitant to post even on these forums for a while. It's good you decided to register and post on this site. :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Hypnotoad, nice name!

Welcome to :sas

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi hypnotoad.Meeee toooo!YOu did a good job at explaining where you are,which is what I noticed about alot of people on here who don't think they are very good comunicators,me included.Plus I can't spell for crap.I can relate with you.I also am a huge futurama fan.I can't go to sleep without it playing in the background,or the simpsons for that matter.Its like my security blanket.Keeps me from thinking.

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. It's nice to finally have a place to talk with ppl who truly understand.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Hypnotoad! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts