Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I figure the best way to introduce myself is to tell my story.
i've had anxiety problems ever since i was very little. i used to constantly find excuses to stay home from school and my mom constantly had me at the doctor's office due to me being "sick" all the time. I was always a little shy, but always had lots of friends. growing up, i started to experience panic attacks to where i would get so uneasy about something that i'd pass out. That only made the anxiety worse because now what triggered a panic attack was thinking about passing out, before i even felt it. I got through high school ok... though every day was a bit of a struggle but i managed. After high school i seemed fine. I had good friends, was going out all the time, and having fun.
It wasn't until a few years ago that I started to get really bad. I moved to a new city, didn't really have any friends in the area except the boyfriend i was with. I lost myself in the comfort of being with him all the time. I stopped wanting to go out. in fact, i started to become scared to go out. when that relationship ended, i was on my own in a big city. i had lost most of my friends, and was terrified of everything.
Today, i live with my current boyfriend in a new place in the city. He is outgoing and has made dozens of friends since he's been here. I sit at home every day, wishing that I could go out with him but terrified that a panic attack will come over me.
I am scared of everything and I hate it. I can't stand to be like this anymore. I cannot go to a store anymore because standing in a lineup sets me off. My head constantly screams "hurry up hurry up!". I have become afraid to drive. When i DO get the courage to go out to a bar or something, i'm anxious before I even step out the door. when I arrive, i am constantly scanning the room for exits and bathrooms in case i need to "get away". I am scared of doctors the most (which is weird because my childhood saw many of them), anything medical (ambulances, scrubs, cleaning/sterile smells), subways, traffic lights, driving in a lane with no shoulder, ... the list goes on and on.
I'm sick of myself being this way, because I know i can be a fun person again if I could only let go of this constant fear. I don't want this type of life anymore.

so, hello. that's me. in a nutshell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome!

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts