Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
This is my first message in this forum (I am not English native speaker, so forgive my poor English)
I am 30 years old , I suffer from social anxiety since I was 12.

I used for years psychotropic drugs, trazodone for 3 years in my mid twenties, lorazepam since I was 22 till now and clonazepam for a couple of years in my mid twenties.

I want to quit my last drug, lorazepam, which I take occasionally (on average once a week, between 0.3 and 1 mg each shot) about 4-5 mg a month.
Reading posts in this forum I got inspired by herbs and nootrops and I started the following stack, I wellcome any feedback and remark on it ( I bought all the stuff at Swanson)

I take daily

Ashwagandha 450 mg,
Bacopa 250 mg,
Gotu Kola 435 mg,
Rodiola 250 mg,
Carnosine 500 mg (to cope with my ADD)

In a situation of small social stress ( presentation/work meeting with few colleagues, 4 or 5) :

Theanine 300 mg,
Passion Flower 20 drops,
Magnesium 225 mg

In a situation of big social stress (a big party for instance or a presentation with many colleagues):

Gabapentin 1200 mg,
Phenibut 750mg,
Theanine 300 mg,
Passion Flower 20 drops,
Magnesium 225 mg,
Alcohol ( not in a working situation)

When I have problems to sleep I take:

Passion Flower 20 drops,
Magnesium 225 mg,
Tryptophan 500 mg (some times),

When I feel moody or restless I take:

Magnesium 225 mg (usually)
Tryptophan 500 mg (some times)

I suffer a bit form ADD, so when I can not really concentrated and I need to perform an important task I take ( but I might reduce them if the herbs and carnosine I take daily help me as well):

DMAE 100mg,
Piracetam 800mg,

I just started so I still need to adjust all stuff, I have been taking magnesium , tryptophan and passion flower already for a couple of years (but not daily) the rest is all new to me.

Two years ago I tried kava kava and I was quite disappointed, I just got a quite short lasting mild effect. I tried HTP-5 lately but when I go to sleep I get kind of obsessive images in my mind so I just quitted.
I also tried inositol a couple of times but (maybe depending on interaction with other nootrops) it makes either sleepy or instead feeling quite strange, with spread itching all over the body as if I got a very high blood pressure and a restless feelings in my mind.

Other things I take every day:

Vitamin C 500 mg
Vitamin E 10 mg
Selenium 50 microg
Zinc 15 mg
Co Q10 30 mg
Resveratrol 325 mg
Echinacea 20 drops
Aloe vera juice 20 ml
Reishi 500 mg
Finasteride 1 mg
Allopurinol 300 mg

I also tried fish oil a couple of times but strangely I got restless feelings so I quitted it very soon.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow, I couldn't afford all that stuff :no Pretty impressive, but I think you should try to find what's going on before taking one hundred supplements.

The only ones I recommend for depression and anxiety are L-Tyrosine, TMG (or SAM-e) and 5-HTP. And the basic support items: multivitamin, fish oil, calcium+magnesium+vitaminD combo.

But seriously, you should get a complete check up before taking all those supplements.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I couldn't afford all that stuff :no Pretty impressive, but I think you should try to find what's going on before taking one hundred supplements.

The only ones I recommend for depression and anxiety are L-Tyrosine, TMG (or SAM-e) and 5-HTP. And the basic support items: multivitamin, fish oil, calcium+magnesium+vitaminD combo.

But seriously, you should get a complete check up before taking all those supplements.
Thank you for your suggestions. What exactly do you mean by check up?

·
insert witty comment here
6,233 Posts
I agree with the above poster. A check up is a visit to your doctor. Talk to him about the supplements. It sounds very interesting but that is A LOT to take and mix (even though you take some things only occasionally). Some supplements can have side effects, particularly in large dosages and there could also be interaction effects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.