Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have been going to bed later and later, and getting up later and later. This morning I couldn't nod off until 6 am, and then I had short waking periods after, and then I was sleeping until 4pm. I can't even motivate myself to break the cycle. Even when I have an essay to do I just sit there in bed. There's something I need to do but I can't grasp quite what, or why it's important, so I have no motivation to get up. My brain becomes overactive with weird thoughts at night and it won't shut up easily. Infact I've become a confused scatterbrain of late I think. Grr. What the Hell is wrong with me?

·
Registered
61 Posts
My sleep has also gotten really bad the past weeks... Soon its morning and I still havent had any sleep, so I gave up and started the computer instead.

Its hard to get back good sleeping patterns...I guess Im doing the worst thing which is getting out of bed and sitting infront of a computer or tv instead.

·
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I haven't gotten any REM sleep at all tonight. I might have drifted off for an hour at a time, but that's nowhere near enough... however, I am up 5 hours earlier than I was yesterday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Laintowired,

It is so frustrating when you can't sleep. Its hard when you toss and turn, and your mind won't shut-off. I have that problem....and now I take meds if I have to. It got the point of not being able to function well at all during the day. I would be dragging my ***, hard to concentrate, too sleepy, or irritable and snapping at everybody.

I do find avoiding caffeine at night helps a bit, going to bed around the same time every night, watching tv until I do fall asleep....that's about it. Hope something works for you soon Laintowired.

Sparkee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts