Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, it is, it is...i went to a show on saturday in vancouver BC, about 15 thousand people at an outside event, 30 plus degrees.

i went with 3 people, the show itself was f'in amazing, had no problems while i was there, other than feeling a bit weird when i was by myself in a line and i kept thinking ppl were looking at me funny.

this time last year, i never would have went to this concert but now i can't wait until rock the bells comes back next year.

some things i wish i did more of was participate in the show more, i feel weird waving my hands in the air and dancing...partly because of the ppl i was with but mostly because of me.

that and i never tried talking to any women! wtf is wrong with me? lol...they were everywhere but yet i couldnt find to courage to walk up to someone in front another thousand girls lol...it's ok though, i cant expect to take 10 steps away from SA in 1 afternoon.

im gettin back in touch with even more old friends now, before the year ends, i should be ok with dancing in clubs which is something that scares the hell out of me, well a few months ago it did, now its seems less and less intimidating...by this time next year, my SA will almost be completely gone...i can feel it, as the months go by, the less i care about what ppl think of me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not as rosy as i make it sound but things are much better from a year ago!

edit: i dont make threads like these to make anyone feel like sh*t, believe me, i was damn near suicidal at one point so for anyone to come at me saying i should keep my positive thoughts to myself can shove it!

·
excessively polite
15 Posts
Seems like you're heading in the right direction, well done :)
I think it's very brave that you went to the show and tried to have a good time.
Maybe next year you'll feel confident enough to participate in the show more, or even talk to some women.

For now just remember that every small step away from SA is a triumph, don't expect to do marathons out of the blue.
Just savour the victory, Pelicanbay :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
its not as rosy as i make it sound but things are much better from a year ago!

edit: i dont make threads like these to make anyone feel like sh*t, believe me, i was damn near suicidal at one point so for anyone to come at me saying i should keep my positive thoughts to myself can shove it!
Just the opposite! If anything, posts like this always make me feel really hopeful and positive that things can change! Thanks. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey thanks...i also had a friend who asked me to go to dinner on friday night, yay....ive been asked to go out alot but always said no, im gunna say YES to everything from now on....within reason lol

things are definately moving along, finally but i still got a long way to go...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts