Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were locked up in solitary confinement, which my room starts to feel like, what would you read ? Philosophical stuff to try to make sense of your messed up situation or escapist stuff like fantasy and science fiction just to shut the world out ?

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would read Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. I have been meaning to read this epic 1000+ page book for a while, and solitary confinement would be the perfect opportunity to do so. :D

·
The Explorer
686 Posts
My room is like my sanctuary. I feel so safe. So free. I don't need to deal with anyone or worry about interacting with people. I can just be myself. Do what I want. When I want.

Its weird to see it described as solitary confinement, but I guess it is. If I didn't have my games, internet or shows...I guess I would prefer books to escape. I'd rather escape to a dream world than read up on it. But than again I've never really needed books or advice guides to deal with or make sense of my problems.

Give me the Harry Potter collection, Game of Thrones, Anything related to Lord of the Rings, etc. I'd be sorted for a few years before I go crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts