Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently (like 30 minutes ago) I have written down a few basic inarguable truths or commands that help me with my social anxiety. I tested it already earlier today, and it was pretty effective. It's all the stuff I've been thinking of to try to get me to stop being so anxious, or overthinking, compressed into like a few phrases. They really help me, maybe they can help you.

1) There is nothing wrong with you (this is the most important one)

2) Some People actually find my shyness/nervousness to be attractive

3) Stop Worrying

4) It's likely people near to you have similar insecurities and are worrying over the same things

5) It's impossible to be absolutely completely social and confident like you want to be (unless you are on a drug, which I am not ever), so there's no sense in setting those ridiculously high goals.

Like I said they help me personally, hopefully they can help you :)

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
Some people really do find shy people attractive! I wonder where they're hiding.

I actually sometimes try and tell myself similar things to what's on your list, but my mind usually wanders back the negative thoughts. It's like the telling yourself you're beautiful when you look in a mirror thing. I'll tell myself one thing and the big evil monster in my head will be like LOL YEAH RIGHT. THEY TOTALLY THINK YOU'RE STUPID.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
you know, I actually know these things all to well and have first hand experiece with most of it, like thinking I am stupid and then someone in class ask a question that even I could comprehend, and I know that no one is going to insult me in class, I have seen the general atitude of the way people act around here but it still doesn't help me be comfortable at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some people really do find shy people attractive! I wonder where they're hiding.

I actually sometimes try and tell myself similar things to what's on your list, but my mind usually wanders back the negative thoughts. It's like the telling yourself you're beautiful when you look in a mirror thing. I'll tell myself one thing and the big evil monster in my head will be like LOL YEAH RIGHT. THEY TOTALLY THINK YOU'RE STUPID.
I guess the trick is to just keep telling yourself that in your head, and avoid the mirror, lol

·
Fitting In Here & There
808 Posts
I like "There is nothing wrong with you." :D

I've been telling myself "I don't need anyone's approval for anything I do or say" and it's really been helping with lowering my anxiety.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
That's a good list. It's simple and positive without being fake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts