Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized that people don't hang out with me because I am not assertive enough. I don't ask them if they want to and I don't talk to people that often. It is not because no one can ever like me. If I change the way I act, I can get more friends. This also applies to everyone here.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is true. But everything needs moderation. You can't expect everyone to pay attention at you, sometimes you have to seek it.

And assertiveness shouldn't be taken too extreme either. Just like in ancient martial arts, you have to be a fluid and be adaptive.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Maybe not knowingly - which is what most people do. Thinking they're right all the time because they "never encountered your problem so it shouldn't matter". Epic fail.

But if you know both sides of the story then you can moderate yourself based on how the other party feels. And then you would be on the right track to successful leadership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.