Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
My ps3s broke at least 5 times now, really dont know how the 360 is said to be the console that breaks the most. Every 6 months it breaks for me.

How many times has yours broken so far?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I wonder whether Sony is following Microsofts lead and building faulty machines so suckers buy new consoles every other year. The PSN hack apparently guaranteed Sony won't make their investment back this console cycle.

Sadaiyappan, if the console is still under warranty try and push Sony's customer service into giving you a new console. Be a REAL prick about it (calm but firm) and tell them you don't spend thousands of dollars a year on games for a dead console every 6 months.

@ Joe MS gets the bad rep because the Xbox dies routinely. Between 2 PS2's and 2 PS3's in my house, none have died. My cat knocked my brand new slim off the cabinet before I'd even had a chance to play it and it didn't do a thing, 2 years later and it's still going strong.

2 dead Xbox's and I've got a slim that's about 1 1/2 years old, so it's due to go any day now. I love the 360 but it's a tempramental POS.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My ps3s broke at least 5 times now, really dont know how the 360 is said to be the console that breaks the most. Every 6 months it breaks for me.

How many times has yours broken so far?
Because the 360 is the console that breaks the most. PS3 has been getting some flak for it's YLOD issue but it's nowhere near as prevalent as the RROD. I think at one point it was a 33% percent fail rate.

You must have some of the worst luck. I have a PS3 from launch and it still works flawlessly. My brother has had a PS3 slim since those launched, and still no issues with it. I bought a PS3 Slim recently that fell off a shelf-hit hard into a monitor, and still works perfectly fine.

My brother has gone through 2 Xboxes, both due to RROD; but his newest, the elite version, hasn't had any issues. Thankfully Microsoft has fixed the RROD issue though.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
My 360s broke once since ive had it, but the ps3s breaking could be down to getting a repaired ps3 back instead of a new one when it breaks. (But the 360s been fine ever since it got repaired.) But even my wii broke somehow.

By the way when my ps3 didnt have any warranty at one point (It broke a month or two after the warranty ran out) we told the customer service that it was the 5th ps3 we had went through and we got one back for free and a free years warranty I think.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I really could not live without mine, I'd rather be deceased.

Had my 40GB PS3 since 2008 and never had a problem with it. Occasionally the browser may freeze when playing a youtube video but that's not often, all I have to do is turn the console off then on again to solve the problem.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
How often to you guys play your systems?

and how long do you leave them on daily?

Also, do you watch movies on them alot?

I've had both systems for years and never had a problem with neither.

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
damn and my ps1 is still working, after countless drops and juice stains.
You know, I have an SNES that works perfectly. I received it 19 years ago, and it has survived over a decade kept inside a dusty shed, exposed to triple-digit heat every summer and multiple generations of cats that selected the shed as their lair.

·
Banned
122 Posts
There are many variables here to come to a conclusion first and then start pointing fingers. e.g...

1- where do you store your PS3? If you store it inside a cabinet, less air circulation, also, is the vent not being blocked by something... for example to close to the wall.

2- Could alos be an assembly line problem.... I open a lot of things just from my curiosity and I even opened up my brand new PS3 :D... f..the warranty right. And what I found out is that my GPU and CPU chips did not have enough thermal paste and it was the cheap kind. By cheap I really mean that is was already hard... and to try to explain even further, lets say you put a penny (hard thermal paste) on top half dollar coin.. and then you put a half dollar coin on top of the penny... if one half dollar coin was tranfering heat to the other half dollar coin... it could only do so through the are surface of the penny.... lol if that makes sense... it does to me and to the truth. moral of this paragraphs story... assembly line moron carelesness.

3-Maybe you/someone dropped it. this could desolder connections slightly. trust me. if a cable is making "berely contact" it's not tasnfering the full power... lol even electrict cables from your house can do that. here in the USA home outlets are 120v AC but if some electrician did shady wireing... some outlets can have 80V ac. WAIT! the cable is runing 120v why do i get 80 and have issues with that outlet... because the connections are not 100% connected.

4- yeah there is a four too lol. after you may have been playing for hours, the fan is on most of the time right. so lets say you get tire of playing and you switch it off right away.... well. the fan switches off too at the same time when running at full speed... figure that out lol... IMO...... if you can't figure it out, what i mean is that it is best to just go to the PS3 menu (afte heavy playing) to allow the fan to cool the cpu and gpu down before you switch it off.

in my opinion, a yellow light just means over heating to me... the chips have a safety that they turn of themselves off when they happens though... IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts