Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, I just want to run this by everyone and make sure theres nothing wrong with the way I am switching medicines.

I stopped taking prozac a week ago (25mg) and yesterday switched to paxil 10mg because my depression started to become unbearable. Since prozac takes 4-5 weeks for a washout period I decided it makes sense to be on the paxil for a month or at least 20 days.

So say I will be on paxil for 20 days and I've been off prozac already for 1 week so that is 27 days total. I need a 2 week washout between nardil and paxil so that will add another 14 days I will be off prozac which will total to 41 days. So that is about almost 6 weeks I will be off prozac. Is this a safe method to transition to nardil? I couldn't get my hands on nardil compatible meds and had paxil laying around.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Hyperforin is much better than Nardil. I know this because am a professional. Hyperforin is magnificent. St. John's worts contains this hyperforin, and according to in vitro studies it equally as potent as fluoxetine at inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, but unlike Prozac, it is non selective.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hyperforin is much better than Nardil. I know this because am a professional. Hyperforin is magnificent. St. John's worts contains this hyperforin, and according to in vitro studies it equally as potent as fluoxetine at inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin, but unlike Prozac, it is non selective.
You are the weirdest person.... On another thread you are asking about how to get nardil.........

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
He's a troll.

Anyway the plan sounds okay, in terms of serotonin toxicity. Might be a weird month or so with all the changes. Good luck. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts