Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the supervisor told me to do this new form that is required by the state and it is something that involves the gal I share an office with. She is overloaded with other work so the supervisor asks me to do it. So I do it. I came in 1.5 hours one Sunday and then I came in at 5am to finish them up the next day. I don't get crap done during the day with the phone ringing off the hook, people coming in asking questions, etc. So my office mate looks them over and tears everything I do apart. Well if you want it done your way then do it yourself I felt like telling her. I get sick of her on the phone with her family all of the time instead of getting her work done. Also, the problem is she is a perfectionist so it takes her all day to do one thing. Who cares. No one looks at that stuff. All the state auditors look at is the current date.

· Little Winged One
7,014 Posts
Oh Copper-I know what you mean- I used to work with a lady who was constantly on the phone with personal issues. She would actually sit there and balance her checkbook,pay her bills etc. She would leave for lunch and come back 30 minutes late all the time. Or she would stand around off and on in the breakroom talking with others when she had work to do.- She got paid more than I did and I got stuck with all her extra work she could'nt get to. If she would WORK instead of goofing off we would'nt have always been behind. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!

· Registered
19,067 Posts
She sounds like a real piece of work to deal with. You could play some pranks on her:

- re-adjust her chair
- remove the ink from all her pens (or replace the ink part with old empty ones)
- if you can get onto her computer, set up her mouse so that the right-click/left-click functions are reversed (I did this once, the result was hilarious)
- leave a note on her desk from the "janitorial staff" saying that her workplace is too unkempt and should be better cared for
- unplug a wire from her phone or CPU ever-so-slightly, just enough to disable its function but not enough to notice it's unplugged
- Put a piece of clear tape over the mouthpiece of her phone (the person on the other end will keep telling her to speak up)

...The possibilities are endless.

Oh and:

Well if you want it done your way then do it yourself I felt like telling her.
If she's being this difficult, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Copper-I know what you mean- I used to work with a lady who was constantly on the phone with personal issues. She would actually sit there and balance her checkbook,pay her bills etc. She would leave for lunch and come back 30 minutes late all the time. Or she would stand around off and on in the breakroom talking with others when she had work to do.- She got paid more than I did and I got stuck with all her extra work she could'nt get to. If she would WORK instead of goofing off we would'nt have always been behind. I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!
Most times she doesn't get in until 8:30 am which she should be there at least at 8 am. Then has to come in on the weekend and then complains how hard she had to work Saturday or Sunday. Sometimes she calls in for every little aliment she has. She is such a hypochondriac. She is constantly taking time from work running to the doctor for something. Then she has to tell me about it all day. She also is cold all of the time even when it gets hot as hell in there. She had to sit by the window, but doesn't want to open it. So I am sitting there sweating bullets. I could of had my own office, but it would be in a windowless supply closet.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She sounds like a real piece of work to deal with. You could play some pranks on her:

- re-adjust her chair
- remove the ink from all her pens (or replace the ink part with old empty ones)
- if you can get onto her computer, set up her mouse so that the right-click/left-click functions are reversed (I did this once, the result was hilarious)
- leave a note on her desk from the "janitorial staff" saying that her workplace is too unkempt and should be better cared for
- unplug a wire from her phone or CPU ever-so-slightly, just enough to disable its function but not enough to notice it's unplugged
- Put a piece of clear tape over the mouthpiece of her phone (the person on the other end will keep telling her to speak up)

...The possibilities are endless.

Oh and:

If she's being this difficult, I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that.
That stuff always comes back to haunt a person.

I finally told her she should be doing them herself if I couldn't do it the way she wanted it. She didn't comment back though.

· Registered
3,208 Posts
She has no right to criticise your work. You've taken the load off her back and she isn't your superior. She could do with having that pointed out to her. If she doesn't like the way you've done the work, too bad.

· Registered
10,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She has no right to criticise your work. You've taken the load off her back and she isn't your superior. She could do with having that pointed out to her. If she doesn't like the way you've done the work, too bad.
She is also driving my supervisor nuts. Today they went round and round in the office this morning. She keeps insisting that directing someone to an area away from others in the group home is restrictive. My supervisor was trying to get in her head it wasn't as long as we aren't physically moving him or staying outside of the area he is in keeping him there. He is allowed to leave, but if he is still agitated then staff can direct him back. They were arguing so loud I couldn't hear while on the phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.