Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
insert witty comment here
6,235 Posts
Sounds interesting.

Out of interest, how difficult is it to self-publish (costs?)

Also, how do you sell copies without a publishing house doing the advertising?

·
Skeletal wreck of man...
1,492 Posts
=/

Everyone has opinions. That's what we need to accept as writers. I'm not gonna try to reassure you that you're wrong or something. There WILL be people that think it's "utter drivel". There will be people that will laugh & say it's corny or cliche. BUT - wouldn't all those stupid, unrefined people be worth it when we come across at least one person that adores our work? :)

Wasn't it J.K. Rowling that got rejected like 50 times when trying to find a publisher for Harry Potter? You can't give up just because someone doesn't like your work. If you love to write - if that's a dream you have - than go for it & f-k everyone else.

I just put up my poetry & a short story as an ebook. It took awhile to get the right format & I'm still unsure if it's right but... It's out there! Most of it is in the my poetry thread but... apparently I signed up for the one that distributes it in the NOOK bookstore. That's exciting. :boogie
Congrats! You are braver than me. I'm working on a new VERY personal story at the moment. I hope to have it completed by Christmas and published by the new year. We will see if that happens though. I've thrown away most everything I've written for the last 6 years.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
I'm going to write a novella in the ward. If they let me have a pen.

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Do you have the right to use this photo for a commercial product? Is it a public domain picture or something you took?
What really is the point of this question?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.