Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is very scary. He is constantly yelling Filthy words at a screaming pitch. I can hear him through my bedroom wall and my windows. He also does it while walking around outside. He must drop the F-Bomb a thousand times a day. :mum I called the police on him a few nights ago. I was TRYING to listen to my T.V. late at night and he was going at it like a longshoreman. He throws things and bangs on the walls. A couple other of my neighbors have mentioned to me that it is bothering them too.

I am suspecting he has some kind of problem, maybe Turrett's Syndrome. He seems to have some friends who visit him once in a while. This is the first time I have ever been around someone like this. I did speak to him once outside. He seemed nice but as he walked away he started up again and I could hear him 2 blocks away still going at it.

I am wondering if these people have anykind of medication that helps them. I won't approach him again. Just hearing this kind of filthy, rage upsets me. I'm afraid of him. :afr

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Sorry to hear. He probably does have some kind of mental issue. Only thing you can do is to keep calling the police if it gets out of hand and the land lord will eventually evict him.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
This sounds like a crazy lady I see at the bus stop sometimes. She is always cursing and making rude remarks to anyone who happens to be nearby. I assume that she, and your neighbor, has a mental disorder. I guess the only thing you can do is complain to your landlord. Sure, the guy is disturbed but that doesn't give him the right to terrorize the neighbors.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
It seems like a win/lose situation. You win because he's gone, but he loses because he probably won't seek out help and will have a harder time getting an apt. because of his evictions.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This just wasn't the right place for him. I do sympathize with his predicament but conditions here just weren't right for his kind of issue. Noise is already an issue here being that the building kind of wraps around itself and windows are huge and the bedrooms abut kitchens and livingrooms. It just wasn't a fit for him. He seems to have quite a few friends and they helped him move in here. He'll just have to find the right kind of place.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the time I called the police he already had the eviction notice. Just goes to show you how much I put up with. Other neighbors were complaing about him for quite a while. I TRY to be tolerant of my neighbors but there's a limit. :mum

One of my neighbors plays her loud music, and I mean really loud, the floors and wall vibrate up here. BUT it doesn't go on for hours and hours and hours on a daily basis. Usually it's when she is cleaning.:yes I can hear her singing. I don't want to piss all over her good moods. Life is hard enough for her. Single Mom, can't find a job and she has health issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts