Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I love these guys. I don't think I've seen someone sing with this much soul since James Brown (Which is obviously who this guys biggest influence is). They're bringing back that Muscle Shoals sound that I love.

They're coming to my town in Oct. and are playing in a great club. I got a feeling that concert is going to be one of the best I have been to.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I dig it, but it's good in that American Idol way that I tend to avoid.

I'll have to hear more, but I'm interested. The lead vocalist channels James Brown, sure, but he makes me want to listen to Janis Joplin and Big Brother.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dig it, but it's good in that American Idol way that I tend to avoid.

I'll have to hear more, but I'm interested. The lead vocalist channels James Brown, sure, but he makes me want to listen to Janis Joplin and Big Brother.
I've never really minded that American Idol, heavily produced and organized sound. The verse, chorus, verse setup makes for a catchy song. Of course it's not very original, but I still like it.

I defiantly hear some Janis Joplin in there.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I've never really minded that American Idol, heavily produced and organized sound. The verse, chorus, verse setup makes for a catchy song. Of course it's not very original, but I still like it.

I defiantly hear some Janis Joplin in there.
Yeah, I'm a hipster type, so I like things to be lo-fi and too-deep-4-u lol. But honestly, clean mixes hurt my ears somewhat. This song never really surprised me, but it is good at what it's trying to do.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sort of wish I hadn't titled the thread what it is. Favorite band is a bit of a hyperbole. Should have just titled the thread "St. Paul & The Broken Bones."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts