Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I thought your movies story was excecuted really well. I can totally relate to the main character, especially with his attempt to further his relationship with Emelia. I thought it was really cool how you began the film, with both lead characters, in split screen, walking towards each other and ended it them walking apart. There were also some great slow motion moments in the movie. For example, when he walks in to the party. Good use of music as well. Personally, my favorite part was the party scene, I have felt that way at many parties. I thought the couch scene was hilarious. The best line, "Did you read the Da Vinci Code, ****ing Jesus and ****." I have interacted with many people similar to that guy on many occasions. Nevertheless, I have made a couple of movies myself, but not nearly as long as yours. What kind of camera did you use for filming this project and what editing software did you use?

Cool work and good luck on further projects.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I liked this movie as well! Reminded me of Garden State in a way, but in its own way it was better than Garden State, more focused, the story was more cohesive.

I agree with the poster above that Jonathan's SA seemed mild (it's almost non-existant compared to mine, anyway...), but I could still identify with him a lot.

I loved those split-screen shots (or whatever it's called) in the beginning and the end.

Keep making good movies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great movie! Perfect example of mild SA, I could definetly relate to the main character especially in the party scene. I think it deserved a happier ending though. Well done!

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
that was one of the best ameturish films i've seen. i suppose i'm more of a 'mild' case because his anxiety reminded me of mine, albeit he did seem a bit more composed (ie more introverted than anxious) than i generally am and i'd probably rush to the drinks if i ever went to a party

1 - 7 of 7 Posts