Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mom have been together well ever since I was born hehe but we've stuck it out just me and her for 6 to 7 years of my life. She's my mom and I do love her so much but I have a feeling she's so worried that I might end up like her or worse. She took me out of school in 8th grade because she saw me going down hill and fast. Now she's just so.. lazy? She doesn't home school me. She suffers from being a perfectionist and i don't have the time for this. I don't have the time for any of it. I wish I could tell you all my life story but I'm sick of telling it. Hah. I'm just going to be moving out and I need to figure out a way to even bring up a subject because my anxiety goes overboard just even thinking about telling her I want to move out..

How do I get past it? What do I do..?
I just can't handle it.

I wrote out what I was going to say though..
Tell me what you think..

We need to talk.
The way we're living is just not working for me and I want to have responsbility. I have a plan for my life and I don't see it happening anytime at all while I'm here...
I'm going to finish my education, and gain more responsbility in my life. I will get my license and make a life for myself. I want to be able to live life so don't think I will end up like you did because I won't and I need you to trust that. I need you to trust me. Don't lose hope in me before I have the time to even prove myself. I won't start off great at first but I will get there. Just give me that chance because ..even if you don't. I will get it myself. I want to make mistakes and my own achievements and learn about things.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sounds good.

It takes a lot of courage to break away and I hope you find that courage because you know what you want and need and that's great. What you've written explains how you feel in a way which hopefully your mom will understand.

Good Luck :)

·
Yoda's cat
42 Posts
Your letter is really good. Some people out there should learn from you -going independent and wanting to have responsibilities.

First, handle the practicalities, like have you got a reasonable job that can support yourself? Got an apartment ready? If you have all these covered, then next step is just to pack your things and go. Promise to call or visit her often. Nevermind her tears initially, they all have that one coming. Give her a big hug and proof to her all that is said in your letter. Time will heal her separation pain eventually.

Oh yes, don't forget to tell her that you love her more than ever for letting you go...

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Leave the letter somewhere where she will find it and then she'll bring the subject up so you won't have to.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
That sounds about right. I hope it works out! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts