Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i keep posting on this thread mainly because i really need some adivce ... my life is going no where...and i mean no where i know its my fault because i should be doing more to help myself but i just feel so usless and inadequate that i don't see the point in trying ...this is how it goes...i was happy at school and i passed my gcse's i got three C's and two B's and was happy with the results then i went into sixth form and only passed one of my AS's which meant that i couldnt do the second year....now recenly ive joined a adult commuinty college and my induction day started last week friday..i felt very awkward as i didnt know anyone yet a girl was friendly to me and came to sit next to me ...im going off topic again arnt i lol

my social anxiety is bad i mean..having spent so much time at home apart from going out with friends at the weekend your bound to lose your confidence a bit right? ...ive been talking to my friends about how i feel and they say that everything will be fine and will work out in the end but my emotions are so on egde right now ...feeling uselss feeling unworthy feeling like i cant really do much with myself due to my confidence...all i do now is my dancing ...and the rest of the time im at home sitting around doing nothing with myself..im worrired about my future

I know what i need to do..i need to pull myself together and get a hold of my life but its so bloody difficult..im worried that when i get going on this college i wont cope very well due to everything thats happened to me ...yes i need to start a fresh and turn a new page but how the hell am i suppost to do this????????
please help me ;(

·
Stuck in a lift
278 Posts
I think I'm sort of the same. For me it feels like I've been stuck in the same place for a long time while everything else is moving forward and although it feels bad I don't have the will to change things. Does that make sense?

I'm 20 and after I dropped out of college a few years ago I slipped into doing basically nothing with my life and it's depressing ... I still don't know what I want to do because I can't picture myself doing anything. That probably sounds strange?

Now the summer holidays are over a lot of my friends are starting/going back to college or whatever else ... I can't stand being stuck in the house with nothing to do so I just try to get out and go places but it's usually by myself and with other things that've happened in my life lately I feel depressed tbh.

·
Simple Man
253 Posts
I think I'm sort of the same. For me it feels like I've been stuck in the same place for a long time while everything else is moving forward and although it feels bad I don't have the will to change things. Does that make sense?

I'm 20 and after I dropped out of college a few years ago I slipped into doing basically nothing with my life and it's depressing ... I still don't know what I want to do because I can't picture myself doing anything. That probably sounds strange?

Now the summer holidays are over a lot of my friends are starting/going back to college or whatever else ... I can't stand being stuck in the house with nothing to do so I just try to get out and go places but it's usually by myself and with other things that've happened in my life lately I feel depressed tbh.
Thats not strange at all. That is me. I cant picture myself slipping in with society everyday from 9-5. I don't see it at all!!

And to the thread opener. I was similar. I tried to "open up". Talk more. Smile more. **** more. Anything that would try and make me feel better. I then just faced facts. Life sucks right now and everything that i do is something that I dont like doing but im forced to do it anyways so i just go through the motions and hope something comes my way.

it sucks too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts