Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i am suffering from social anxiety. my husband threatens to leave me, i live in fear everyday. i am unable to interact with my in-laws in a "proper" manner. i am going into depression. i feel nobody likes me and i am boring. i am barely able to make eye contact with anyone. my husband accuses me that i wont be a good mother if at all i become one. he doesnt want to give me time to cope with my stress.
he says there is no such thing like social anxiety. he wants me to function normally in a matter of mins. i feel very stressed. feel like a burden on everyone. don't feel like living.

·
Day Of The Dead
945 Posts
Well if he thinks there isn't social anxiety, show him this site, and a few of the posts, it's very real.

I'm sorry your husband doesn't treat you right, he should at least be supportive of you in trying to get over this. In my time here I've met some cool people who have the same problem as me. I hope the same happens to you. It's nice to know you're not alone.

Hope to see you around the boards.

·
alien monk
8,614 Posts
Hey, sorry you do not get the support you deserve :(. Welcome to SAS, you will find many helpful and supportive people here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks andy and infexxion for your replies...
i am happy to have like minded people in this forum.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey oshene welcome. :)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Oshene, i'm glad you've joined this site. I'm sorry that your husband isn't more supportive, hopefully you can find that support here (actually I know you will :) )

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Oshene! :)

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
Welcome oshene. I hope you find some support and understanding here. Your husband sounds as though he is harming your self-confidence. Do not believe the things he says or listen to any put downs, because they are untrue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
i am suffering from social anxiety. my husband threatens to leave me, i live in fear everyday. i am unable to interact with my in-laws in a "proper" manner. i am going into depression. i feel nobody likes me and i am boring. i am barely able to make eye contact with anyone. my husband accuses me that i wont be a good mother if at all i become one. he doesnt want to give me time to cope with my stress.
he says there is no such thing like social anxiety. he wants me to function normally in a matter of mins. i feel very stressed. feel like a burden on everyone. don't feel like living.
Dear Oshene,
Don't worry about what others think or believe. believe in yourself and do whatever makes you feel good.You have done CBT before and if it makes feel better continue,you will be a good mother as ur heart n soul is good.Remember you are not alone talk to few frnds you have and never feel alone.there are some person who cares for you even-though they are not with ,feel they are near and never feel depressed.Find something that makes u feel good from heart..it will be will your everlasting solution..i can only pray god.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts