Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here goes :) Hi, I'm 19 from England, Penzance.
I've had social anxiety ever since I left school just a little over 3 years ago I know it isn't as long as some people I've looked around this forum for a few days and saw some people are over 30 and have had social anxiety all their live. I went to college for 8 months (didn't finish my course) the only person I've ever told is my mum and well she just thinks it's cause I'm shy and basically I am shy I've never had a girlfriend never had a life I haven't been out at all in over a year because I'm so shy I've tried looking for a job for a few months now & they all include social interraction and I don't think I can do it I want to apply for a warehouse job and I heard it doesn't require much social interraction but I'm too shy and anxious to go to an interview and I wouldn't have a clue what to say + if someone did tell me what I'd need to say I wouldn't remember I even start shaking when I'm on the phone. I was pretty much bullied all the way throughout highschool for any reason people could think of maybe I was an easy target cause I never stuck up for myself, right now I feel like a lost cause and don't have a clue what to do. Any ideas? What job could I possibly get? Is anyone similar to me? I saw some comment that this isn't classed as social anxiety so what is it, just shyness? I can never keep eye contact with someone when I'm talking I usually look down or look away is that normal even though I never talk to many people(Family)? I'm even scared to hop on a bus to town cause of the way people would look at me even if they're not looking at me or talking about me I just feel as if they are.
Some people may think I'm obese, nope. I never eat I'm usually gaming lol but overall I enjoy not having IRL friends most of the time, E-FRIENDS FTW!

This is pretty much my life story sorry that it's abit cluttered was kinda worried how people would react to this so I wasn't sure if I was going to post it but I did anyways :x

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Matt19! :)

·
F♯ A♯ ∞
455 Posts
E-FRIENDS FTW!

Welcome matt :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome! I think you should definitely go ahead and go to the interview for the warehouse job. You need a source of income and you know, you're never gonna see the interviewer again even if you were to screw it up. It'll be a good learning experience for your future endeavors as well! I would also recommend thinking about going back to college, since that can be a really great way to further your career goals. Good luck! :)

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going back to college now would be painful to many chavs and hipsters and whatever else people have turned into now & to many people my age in general I don't really like being around people within my age group

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Matt, welcome to :sas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts