Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
even though I am not losing pounds, I am losing inches. :clap

I still love the elliptical machine, but adding free weights is definitely making a big difference for me. :banana

It sure took me a long time to get the balls to try free weight lifting again. :lurk

If you haven't tried it or it's been a while, I highly recommend it. I got back into it at home first before doing any free weight lifting at the gym. Thank goodness I got over my proudness and asked for a little instruction first, though. :help

I'm not up for getting injuries! :lol

Star :popcorn

·
Registered
994 Posts
This is excellent, could you lose some inches for me..............;-) This women is selling her top of the line clothes on Ebay, a size I would love to see;-)

Do you use the "leg" press, the machine, I used to get excellent results with that, firm right up!

leilanistar said:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hema said:
This is excellent, could you lose some inches for me..............;-) This women is selling her top of the line clothes on Ebay, a size I would love to see;-) What size is she?

Do you use the "leg" press, the machine, I used to get excellent results with that, firm right up! Sure do; I love it--it's one of my favorites!

leilanistar said:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yeah, right, like I"m gonna tell you and the world this out in the open so everyone can read NOT LOL. She's a size we both want to aspire too, she's been selling for eons, usually top of the line....Still can't afford a Marc Jacob purse.....YIKES.......;-)

We're really hard on ourselves, really........We get to a certain point, and, people "Look away" pretend you're not there as a heavier person, or it makes no difference to them, but it's us that thinks it does (hey, this makes sense in my mind)......Or there are men, that think we're attractive and we think, hey, are you nuts, a chubby chaser what........Sometimes it just is;-) We're hard on ourselves kid!

·
Registered
81 Posts
leilanistar said:

I still love the elliptical machine, but adding free weights is definitely making a big difference for me. :banana

It sure took me a long time to get the balls to try free weight lifting again. :lurk

If you haven't tried it or it's been a while, I highly recommend it. I got back into it at home first before doing any free weight lifting at the gym. Thank goodness I got over my proudness and asked for a little instruction first, though. :help

I'm not up for getting injuries! :lol

Star :popcorn
If you are losing inches and not weight, it means you are losing fat AND building muscle at the same time. Nice work on your accomplishment!!! :banana

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are losing inches and not weight, it means you are losing fat AND building muscle at the same time. Nice work on your accomplishment!!!
:thanks

That is just what I needed to hear! :lol

Star :lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nanook said:
If your husband says it you should believe it too.
Of course, he likes big butts!

:lol :rofl :haha

Star :b

·
Registered
994 Posts
LOL, that's the only "rap" song I like.......Something about liking big butts, heard it on Friends;-) Big butts, big boobs......Hey........If we didn't balance out we would fall over;-) (I didn't forget the stomach just chose not to mention it for imagination sake;-D) people are gonna think I'm picking on you! Have to have Donniedorko beat them up;-))))

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeh, it's a funny one--by Sir Mixalot. :lol :haha

Would DonnieDarko beat them up? :duel

Star :whip

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gumaro said:
keep up the good work. i started jogging again last week. i only lasted 5 mins :lol im up to 20mins now though. im hoping that in another two weeks, i can job for 45mins without running out of breath. i didnt know how much i missed jogging
Cool, Gumaro--good for you, too! :banana :clap

Doesn't it feel good to get back into something you once loved? :b

That's how I feel about the free weight section and Universal Gym. It feels good, even though I don't look great--it's the act of weight-lifting that turns me on. :boogie

Star :yes

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, if all else fails...go pump some iron.

I never walk away feeling worse--only better...about life, myself, my problems.

Star :banana

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, one other thing...today a regular--little old lady--I'd say she's about 70 (she comes to the gym every day with her husband) spoke to me and was friendly--it made me feel good. I spoke back and then when I was leaving the gym--she and her husband (of about the same age) were putting on their helmets and getting ready to ride off on their big ole Honda motorcycle.

They both spoke to me then also, because our car was parked right beside their motorcycle.

It was the coolest thing.

I just had to share this with you.

Star :sas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts