Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some support here, guys.

My 95 year old Grandma is in the hospital, and was just diagnosed with leukemia. I am really sad and depressed right now.

What's hardest of me to accept is that she was fine only a few months ago, and now she's...fading. It's quite possible that I'll lose her very soon; how soon, I don't know.

Anyway, I just need some prayers and thoughts. I have been sleeping a lot lately, to cope with it.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that. :( She'll be in my prayers tonight.

Stay strong.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this, Winter's Tale.

She has lived a long life, and as painful as it is, everyone must rest at some point. My thoughts are with her and you. :hug

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing will prepare you for what will happen which is why I say you need to enjoy the little time you'll have with her, no matter how sad you are. It could happen tomorrow. Spend time with her and tell her you love her. Give her peace of mind before she continues her journey. Give yourself piece of mind as well. I know it's hard to do much, but you have to find a way to keep going because that's what she wants from you.

It just breaks my heart that this is happening to you. She and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm really sorry about your grandmother. I will keep her in my prayers. Stay strong and surround yourself with loved ones. Keep reminding yourself she will be at peace.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm sorry, Winter's Tale. Life is so fragile...I hope that you have other family members for support & comfort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts