Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I start school september 8th. (This year I'm going to be a senior in highschool & definently a changed me).:) I pretty much knew somthing was wrong with me since the 5th grade & finally got diagnosed with social anxiety during my junior year in highschool (Just last year).Last year I also took psychology as a class to learn more about myself & loved it!(I'm taking AP psychology this year to learn even more) But the point is if I really want to get rid of this social anxiety I will just like the rest of you guys.You have to want to get rid of it..& want to break from it REALLY bad.AS far as I am concerned this is a part of the top priorities in my life right now.Yes,I cry off and on sometimes,Yes sometimes I say to myself this is too hard,BUT I refuse to give up,I'm too determined.When you feel these negative feelings no one is going to feel sorry for you...& no one is going to be able to REALLY free yourself but you.Yeah.medicaton & a therapist may HELP a little..but at the end of the day it's all on you.The word I'm going to stress a lot in this post is self-confidence.Honestly,how many of you can say you like/love/accept yourself? If you have low confidence you have low self esteem also.Your confidence should definently raise because if it does you will not put so much value on what others think of you.As for socially interacting,you have to have a good sense of who you are to show your true personaility to others.& when you're talking focus more on what you're saying than how you're coming across.When you start focusing on things like "What do I say now" or "Oh my gosh I sounded so stupid" it takes your thoughts away from the real topic of the conversation.From my own experiences I've noticed I'm more talkative when I'm totally focused on the subject being talk about than me and if i'm seeming "normal" or not.

the main idea of this post is to make a goal for getting rid of SA.Figure out what you need to do to achieve this goal & DO IT.No excuses,no exceptions.You have to be mentally and emotionally ready this task.This task isnt for weak people.So if you are weak you need to focus on getting stronger before you do this.& if you are already strong be stronger& make the goal.:)

This post is not for pessimist so please do not leave any negativity in my post."But this..." or "But that" is not allowed.Because I heard it all before & I'm honestly not trying to hear it again.:) This is a real support post for people who are willing to put their heart into this and really want to lose it.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Great attitude lovelove, people need to really WANT to get over this more, sure everyone wishes they did not have it, but so many people seem to give in very easily and never make it across the first hurdle. Yes it is hard, VERY HARD but if we are ever to get over this bloody disorder we need to fight through that.

Everyone CAN do it!

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
You can change anything if you set your mind to it and put in effort. Now you said please don't reply with anything negative, and I understand why, however I do believe that through pain comes experience.

Nobody ever achieved anything by skipping from one rainbow to the next, sometimes you just have to walk through the rain. But you will get there, and all the effort and rain will have been worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can change anything if you set your mind to it and put in effort. Now you said please don't reply with anything negative, and I understand why, however I do believe that through pain comes experience.

Nobody ever achieved anything by skipping from one rainbow to the next, sometimes you just have to walk through the rain. But you will get there, and all the effort and rain will have been worth it.
Yes & I understand that & also mentioned that when I said it will be hard...that's why this change is not something a weak person can do.But what I mean by negative is comments like "it's not that easy" or "I hate positive threads" or any message that hint there is no hope.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Completly agree. I actually had my first day of school today and im a sophmore and it didn't go to bad.

You honestly have a great attitude on beating anxiety and I think that is great. More people with this disorder need to realize that this crap can be beat and it can be killed. You can't doubt it whatsoever.

Keep trying and you'll succeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts