Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you been unable to make good friends because of your SA, and find yourself left with all the horrible people who have no other friends because they're so horrible. All my friends are really horrible. And I have to put up with them all day every day. It sucks.

·
Prince Procrastinator
237 Posts
So they're actually not friends? Just people you hang out with because you want some form of social contact?

My friends used to be like this. The ones who remained changed though. Now they're real friends.

·
Registered
60 Posts
man **** those mother****ers. Dont settle for less. I mean if their horrible because their complete douche bags then dont bother with those clowns, their not friends..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, we act like friends. I just hate them. They're so ignorant and they're always bragging about stuff. I just can't stand them.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Prince Procrastinator
237 Posts
Well, we act like friends. I just hate them. They're so ignorant and they're always bragging about stuff. I just can't stand them.
From my own experience, I can say that if they're like this above 18... Then don't bother. They won't change.

But I swear to god, every teen under 18 is an immature douche. I was an *** myself aswell. But that changes... at least where I live.

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
Absolutely yes. Although my story's a bit different. The short version is I became 'best friends' with a girl when we were a lot younger and although I feel like we're different in everyway, she still considers me her best friend. I don't even understand how we're really still friends at all though. We go months without seeing each other (despite living close by), or communicating at all. Something that really irritates me about her is how much of an attention seeker she is. And all she ever wants to do is be around a LOT of people and have fun. I'm the opposite. I could be with just ONE person and, assuming I really liked them, talk for hours. I just don't feel like we actually connect though my friend never notices and for whatever reason holds onto our non-existent friendship. Odd really.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolutely yes. Although my story's a bit different. The short version is I became 'best friends' with a girl when we were a lot younger and although I feel like we're different in everyway, she still considers me her best friend. I don't even understand how we're really still friends at all though. We go months without seeing each other (despite living close by), or communicating at all. Something that really irritates me about her is how much of an attention seeker she is. And all she ever wants to do is be around a LOT of people and have fun. I'm the opposite. I could be with just ONE person and, assuming I really liked them, talk for hours. I just don't feel like we actually connect though my friend never notices and for whatever reason holds onto our non-existent friendship. Odd really.
Yes. My friends are attention seekers too, and if they get a chance to talk to someone cooler than me, they usually ditch me. It's annoying isn't it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a broad statement. Not all teenagers are the same person, you realize.

And it's strange that you've known these people for a few years and still haven't found anything to identify with, OP. I'll have to go with the general concencous, ditch them. Especially if you hate them, no reason to stick around.
If I did that I would have no friends. Do you see the dilemma?

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
If I did that I would have no friends. Do you see the dilemma?
I have a similar dilemma too. So i understand what your talking about. I think alot of my depression would disappear if i hanged around people who i actually liked 100%. At the moment there are thigngs that bore or anoy me about my current friends.... but nobodys perfect i guess. Perhaps us SAers notice this stuff more.

·
Prince Procrastinator
237 Posts
That's a broad statement. Not all teenagers are the same person, you realize.
Oh I do! I'm sure there are plenty of sweet, loving teenagers, many of them SA-ers. But from my own experience, I met very, very few.

But yeah, the topic here is a true SA tragedy. Almost irony. You have the social contact... But you hate it. Yet you can't let it go.

I've tried to get rid off crappy friends. I couldn't do it, I always went back trying to set things right. Then it went to the crapper again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I may try distancing myself from them, as they are not just immature. They are complete jerks, and I feel really annoyed after hanging around with them. Thanks for all the advice people. :)

·
Coffee me.
444 Posts
Yeah I used to have 'default' friends.

Just be careful, if they are a bad/jerky people, by associating with them, you may get that reputation as well and this will inhibit your chances of meeting good decent friends.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts