Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first goal set on the forums. It's a *really* stupid minor thing that I just can't do. Sorry for the length of the, it has a little context to it

The Memphis Motorsports Park hosts an event called "Midnight Madness test n tune" throughout the summer. Anybody can take their own cars and race them own the track. My SA has kept me from running my baby no matter how much I want to. I'm in the middle of a crazy powerful engine build and If I can get the car up and running in time for the final midnight madness event, I want to be able to run the car.

The problem is that dozens or hundreds of ppl are starring at you. Plus you have move the car just enough to trigger the correct lights. If you don't do it correctly, the audience laughs at you. Also, when I get anxious I tend to lose some control of my leg so the clutch gets dumped and the car bogs - maybe even stalls...talk about embarrassing.

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man - this is potentially months away and I'm already really anxious about this...looks like I have a miserable few months ahead of me, which will no doubt end in failure...

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Give it your best shot. You might surprise yourself. Yeah, the waiting can suck :( . Gives too much time for anxiety to build up. Maybe you could work on some other goals in the mean time to get your mind off of it.

Best of luck to you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts