Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 26 years old and have been living with social anxiety almost all my life, I think it stems from being teased as a child. Anyway I feel it getting worse and worse as i get older. I'm an extremely quiet person for the most part except around a few close people but even with them im not a big talker. I've about had enough im ready to break down I'm not sure the route to go right now, what are some recommended treatments ? seeing a psychologist? drugs? natural or anti -depressants? what has helped you or gave you some progress? I hate it . I even dread doing simple things like making phone calls. help.. thanks

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
:wels

I would recommend seeing a therapist if SA is really screwing up with your day-to-day functioning. I made the mistake of getting too comfortable with it, where it becomes an integral part of my identity and where I wouldn't recognize myself without it as a crutch, as an excuse to avoid challenging myself.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Therapy is the place to start. I have been seeing a therapist for a while and it has been helpful for me. Just make sure to find a therapist you can trust and understands you.

·
Taking it easy
482 Posts
It's good that you're looking for help. Definitely look in to therapy! It definitely helps to talk things out with another person when you're feeling isolated from the world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts