Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so recently I was diagnosed with severe SA, I couldn't even stand up because it was so bad. It was like a panic attack 24/7 for two weeks straight, and I hadn't left the house in 9 weeks.

I started going to for drives with my mum, and I was having panic attacks, but I continued.
On the 1st of August I was meant to go to 'Pinks' sold out concert, but I really couldn't. No matter how hard I wanted to, I couldn't go.

Yesterday, I ventured out of the house, forced myself into 3 shops and felt pretty confident. So as it was Pinks last show in my city last night, I was allowed to swap my ticket to go to it.
All day I was telling myself I wasn't going to go, in fear of having a panic attack in a massive crowded place.
Then at the last minute I decided to go. My mum works at the venue, and we go in the back way, so I don't have to wait in lines, which is good.

So halfway there I started to feel sick and dizzy, then freaked out, making my attacks worse, because I knew I wasn't able to go home.
But I got in, and sat on the floor because the attack became really bad.
All the staff that worked there were sooo nice about it, and organised a private super box for me and my brother, and excorted us up to it.

I ended up seeing the concert, and my panic disappeared for a while because my mind was off it.
I also managed to get through two elevator rides with up to 20 people crammed into them.

For my first 'real' time out of the house, I am very proud of myself. Even though I did have an attack, I decided to risk it and go to the concert I was really looking forward to :)

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
That was good of the staff to help you out. And good for you for pushing yourself out like that. I know it's difficult enough to get out among people after a long period of being shut-in - I can't imagine doing it with panic attacks on top of everything else. Keep at it :)

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Had not seen this thread but grats Genelle, to be able to push through those intense feelings of anxiety and panic takes a lot of heart and a strong will. That is what will get you over this disorder, that will to get better. So it might be tough at the moment but you will get there and with the help of therapy and medication on the side hopefully you will be able to start making that progress in the near future.

Oh and Pink is awesome, sister and mother are at her finale aussie show tonight :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts