Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the doctor today and got prescribed valium 10mg, which will be used in conjunction with propanol (inderal)

I was wondering what dose would i need in order to feel not zombified when i have to give a presentation to class? Will it just get rid of my nervousness or will make me extra confident?

How effective is valium compared to other benzos such as xanax?

·
Loser
207 Posts
According to the benzo equivalency chart 10mg Valium are 0,5mg Xanax (if it's true is another story). I was on Valium back in the days and it made me wanna go to bed on the first pill. But I developed tolerance that quickly that I was all awake only after a few days of taking it.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
According to the benzo equivalency chart 10mg Valium are 0,5mg Xanax (if it's true is another story).
Such charts don't universally agree, though most would say 10 mg Valium = 1 mg Xanax, which seems about accurate to me. If I were to trust the chart you're looking at then I'm taking the equivalent of 200 mg of Valium a day -- I don't think so.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I currently have valium and klonopin. I think that valium goes to work quicker and is more sedating than klonopin at equivalent doses. However i would take klonopin over valium anyday. btw most most benzo charts will tell you 10mg of valium is equal to 0.5 of klonopin. I find that to not be true and valium is more potent then the charts show, i think its more like 0.75-1mg klonopin to 10mg of valium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.