Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I'm Luke, 20 years old from Melbourne Australia. Have suffered social anxiety throughout my teenage years although in the last year or two has become alot more apparent. In fact i never knew about social anxiety until last weekend when i went away with around 10 of my mates camping and pretty much didnt say a word the whole 3 days and decided it was time to do some research and find out what the hell was wrong with me. In my case its not so much a fear but a chronic worry about what i should say and do that its like my brain is 100% focused on WHAT DO I SAY WHAT DO I SAY that it misses the bit about what i actually would say if i wasnt thinking what do i say if that makes sense. Also never ever comfortable around people feeling very nervous and constantly worried, even when i was with my ex gf for 8 months. Have a fear of rejection. Pretty much have never in my life stood up for myself due to the worry of what the consiquence would be, which is a major pain in the arse as im an apprentice plumber and get taken advantage of due to this fact. Cant piss in a urinal no matter how hard i try it wont come out if anyone else is there, even if there on the other side facing away from me. But apart from all these symptoms of my social anxiety to this point in time i think i have lead a very successful life in terms of relationships with other people, although at this stage things are getting worse and i feel as if im slowing slipping away into isolation and the thing that is getting to me most is that i have had ALOT of exposure to all kinds of social situations ranging from public speaking, one on one deep and meaningfuls to going out to pubs and clubs ever weekend but still things are getting worse to the point where i am having trouble holding any kind of conversations with even my best friends and family let alone interesting ones when previously this was no issue in the slightest.

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey Luke, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, 7Beast7! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.