Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a non-serious post…

Do any of you feel like the only thing that can give you motivation (like to get up in the morning, or get dressed, or leave the house) is COFFEE?? Or is it just me? Lol. Seriously.

I feel waaay more Up and social when I’m on caffeine! Sad but true. I can talk to anyone about anything if I’m hyper enough. But then the crash…meh, and I’m worse than before.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Kind of a non-serious post…

Do any of you feel like the only thing that can give you motivation (like to get up in the morning, or get dressed, or leave the house) is COFFEE?? Or is it just me? Lol. Seriously.

I feel waaay more Up and social when I'm on caffeine! Sad but true. I can talk to anyone about anything if I'm hyper enough. But then the crash…meh, and I'm worse than before.
yeah the "crash" that's why i don't wanna get hooked on it, try to control ur addiction u can drink green tea or vitamins

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crack is wack dude!

but yeah, i just happen to be super sensitive to any and all chemicals. lucky me, i can get buzzed off nearly anything!

tvgirl48, my sis is just like u, caffeine does nothing to her, along with most pills and other things that would **** me up! we all have a different chemistry ;)

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
I've been a chronic tea-drinker since I was 13. The first thing I do when I get up is to make a pot of tea, and I won't even think about doing anything else until I've had a cup. I don't know if it motivates me, though. It certainly doesn't make me feel more social. Maybe you're consuming too much..? Large quantities of caffeine increase anxiety levels.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I used to drink alot of caffeine but noticed it made me more anxious. It can make me really really talkative but no less anxious. My doctor's acutally advised me to cut it out completely. I can take caffeine in other things but coffee's too strong. And I used to have it a few times a day so was fine but now because I'm not used to it I can have one cup and get sick.

I just brought the party down... lol.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I only drink coffee if l'm out for breakfast, which is very rare. I don't like the heat from it, so I never got hooked. I do like diet coke every few days or so, and it does make me feel more alert.

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
I use to drink more coffee. I never drank it to boost my energy, I just liked the taste and grew up drinking it cause my mom drank a lot. I still drink a cup on saturday morning because it's sorta ritual of my fathers. But otherwise I completely stay away from it cause like others said it supposedly increases anxiety and kills your appetite, which isn't good for someone like me trying to gain weight.

·
ISFJ
1,473 Posts
Work got me hooked on coffee. Actually, this week I'm trying to kick the habit.
I quite yesterday (Sunday) with the exception of a quarter cup this morning to avoid the MASSIVE headache which will eventually occur.

I've found that I'm so much thirstier. I've drank almost 2 liters of water this morning/afternoon. Same with yesterday. Crap that just reminded me I left my water bottle at work >< ARGH!

As for my SA, caffeine sometimes helped by making more energetic/outgoing. I have noticed that as my body got used to it, the effects wore off.

It's not something worth getting addicted to, although a cup is good for you every now and then. (says Science)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Coffee doesn't really have too much effect on me anymore. I usually drink 2-3 cups in the morning. It is more habitual than a need. If I don't drink coffee, I am usually still fine. I also smoke, so the cup of coffee seems to complement the first cigarette of the day. It probably does make my anxiety worse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I drink coffee some days for a pick me up and it definitely lifts my mood for a few mins but after that its all tremors, sweats and the Fear. I keep drinking it though even though I know how I'll feel after, it really is a drug!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Am I the only one on the face of this earth who isn't affected by caffeine? Coffee does nothing for my mood or energy level or whatever you're supposed to feel. Neither does soda with caffeine.
Nope, i can slam a monster and not feel anything. Probably just need a higher dose than most. For example, i tried 25mg of aderall and felt nothing. Others go nuts on 10, while 10 actually made me drowsy. Just natural tolerance i guess.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I can't drink coffee it makes me all jittery and magnifies my anxiety and self-awareness. Plus it's just not good for the body.

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
I'm afraid for me I'm always associated my anxiety with being too alert and too 'up', coffee just makes this worse.

I need to calm down enough as it is.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
Am I the only one on the face of this earth who isn't affected by caffeine? Coffee does nothing for my mood or energy level or whatever you're supposed to feel. Neither does soda with caffeine.
Yeah, I don't feel much different than I did before. I usually go through this thought process:
"It just hasn't been long enough for me to feel it."
- time goes by -
"Wow...did I drink enough?"
- a little more time goes by -
"Maybe I didn't notice the effects because I was thinking about it too much. Now I missed it!"
I don't get it. I'm a small girl. It doesn't take long for me to feel the effects of things but for some reason my body's just like "whatever" towards caffeine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts