Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I've completed my first full length demo album which is completely self produced & I've now uploaded that album to my music pages online. The album is entitled "Soul Of A Man" as the performances you hear are all done by me with the exception of the drum tracks which are in fact loops I've pieced together to create a backbone for my songs. I did not have access to a space to record live drum takes myself otherwise I would have done so. The track called "Sticks & Skins" is me performing on a drum kit live though, it's a couple older clips that I spliced together for this album.

So, by clicking this next link you will have access to the entire playlist for "Soul Of A Man", I hope you enjoy what you hear.

The Complete "Soul Of A Man" Playlist

You can add me and/or comment on my works at any of the links relevant to you in my signature, or, if you prefer you can email me at: [email protected] with your thoughts/opinions. I really would like to hear what you have to say so please do get in touch.

Peace~Adjei

·
Registered
896 Posts
Just listened to the whole thing. Whenever I hear someone's music, I usually try to tell them what famous band I think they sound like, but in your case I can't. Very original stuff man.

There is a definite lack (at east in radio) of relevant, hip jazz these days. Your stuff just flows real nice. Do you ever play your stuff live? I don't know where you live, but if you ever play in Montreal, let me know and I'd be there.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm really glad you guys have taken the time to listen, & moreso that you're enjoying your listen. Cheers!

i listened to a few tracks and was really impressed by what i heared...really well done...is that you singing on Selfish Mentality?
All that you hear is me with exception to the drum tracks which are loops

Just listened to the whole thing. Whenever I hear someone's music, I usually try to tell them what famous band I think they sound like, but in your case I can't. Very original stuff man.

There is a definite lack (at east in radio) of relevant, hip jazz these days. Your stuff just flows real nice. Do you ever play your stuff live? I don't know where you live, but if you ever play in Montreal, let me know and I'd be there.
I used to perform live as a drummer in a rock band but that group has not been together for a good while now. I've never performed live as a solo artist but I am practicing singing & playing & thinking of doing some open mics nights once I've gotten myself together. I spent a year in Montreal & actually still have some things there with my uncle so I'll be back eventually & will likely try to do something there with my friend who is a great singer. I love it there so whenever I end up back there I'll look up the local SAS people, especially if I perform

·
Registered
603 Posts
I like it. Also, major props on the beat work, you can't really tell it's looped unless you really look for it. I've had to deal with recording minus a real drum before and it was almost always an earsore in the end. Not the case here at all.

I don't really like jazz as a genre as I'm too busy trying to be rough around the edges and what not, but I still go to jazz festivals because I always hear a lot of unique sounds. Detroit has a great one. Maybe I'll see you there in a few years?

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like it. Also, major props on the beat work, you can't really tell it's looped unless you really look for it. I've had to deal with recording minus a real drum before and it was almost always an earsore in the end. Not the case here at all.

I don't really like jazz as a genre as I'm too busy trying to be rough around the edges and what not, but I still go to jazz festivals because I always hear a lot of unique sounds. Detroit has a great one. Maybe I'll see you there in a few years?
Many thanks, I did really work with the loops to provide as close a level of realism with regard to fills.

Jazz festivals are a great place to hear a range of musical styles & sounds, I really need to make a point of going to a few, I've only seen them on TV. I've been to other live music shows though

any way we can download these in mp3 ?
I'm looking into online sales but for now it's just streaming at that link

Absolutely awesome! I find your music relaxing. I listened to all the songs & even bookmarked the page. :)
I'm glad I've got a fan in you, thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
beautiful guitar work brotha! really enjoying listening to this, it almost reminds of mark knopfler's solo work. congrats on the album.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Very nice, I like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts