Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay the boss is the weirdest person i ever met. She hates for anyone in the office to take breaks or go get food downstairs or something. She can't stand if someone is sitting just a few minutes to rest-sometimes she's got one of the workers there till 3am in the morning.

The other day I took a book to read and I was in between projects because I did all i was able to do until I was given more work so I was ahead and pulled out a book to read. A couple days later someone told me that she didn't want me reading my book. She won't let anybody have at least one luxury. She won't let some of the workers take lunch or other breaks to rest-its work, work, work. She's a slave driver!! Believe me if you met this woman you would cringe. Its weird she won't make these complaints to me she doesn't like. She'll make them to my friend who works there and then she passes the info on to me. Everyone else she is blunt to and tells them exactly what they are doing wrong or should be doing. She's makes me want to gag. :fall
And some suspect she's a drunk so that may explain a lot. Someone said they saw her drunk, really drunk.

:steam :twisted :spank

:mum

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Anxiety28,

That means, she would have issues. She may be under stress as a manager herself. That happens a lot, too, you know. She may be worried about making deadlines, etc. She may not mean to take it out on you guys, but may be trying to run her department more efficiently. She may be afraid that if her managers see you guys slacking then they'll think she's not doing her job. :stu

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'd say that maybe its time for you to look for other work. Getting along well with the boss is a biggee in job satisfaction. If she is a slave driver, maybe she still rules by the old book, or as millenium says maybe she is under a lot of pressure as well. You could try having a normal conversation with her to find thes things out - like ask her if the company gives her a lot of tight deadlines?

I doubt as a SA person that you'd be comfortable doing that thoug (just a hunch - lol)

Best of Luck

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah she has deadlines, but her attitude toward everyone is no excuse. I can see in some ways but she can work on it to an extent. All I do for her is filing papers that are from past dealings with clients. The other bunch actually deal with the media. It's a public relations firm. By the way this woman has met the president of the U.S. or maybe the last two or 3 presidents. She has pictures all over her desk of her with them and other important people. She has also met Bill Gates Sr. And the list goes on...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah some people are just terrible when under pressure and if that is the way her job is always going to be then she is likely not going to change her attitude towards staff. It never hurts to put your resume out there before you get totally fed up. It feels good to have other opportunities even if you don't accept them. Its also good to practice your interview skills when you are not desperate for work. I'd say get your resume together and send it out - then go for it girl!!!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
yup. If you're in the US or Canada, its illegal. I don't know about other countries.

Make an anonymous contact to your Union, human resources or the dept of labor and let them know your problem; maybe a very anonymous note to your manager, with the labor laws on breaks and lunchtime to give her the hint?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.