Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished a (very stressful) semester of high school art and thought I'd share what I did if only to not waste the many hours I spent finishing these projects lol. I posted them in the order I did them in.

First one was graphite, and it was a self portrait with a background of our choice. The whole self-portrait thing was not fun, and my face came out looking a bit odd. :/

Then there's the colored pencil/airbrush... I like the girl in the front but I discovered that airbrush is not my thing lol. Then the last two are my "series" of paintings... The last one's my favorite. Thanks for taking the time to look and any comments/constructive criticism is welcome! :)

*Just realized I'm an idiot: ignore the shadow of a hand on the graphite one hehe.

Attachments

·
Bomb Diggity
104 Posts
Wow! I really like them. I especially love the 2nd one. The girl is so cool looking. Great job!:clap

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
I like the first one. This is probably the best portrait drawing I've seen posted on here cause it also has a background.

·
Banned
850 Posts
you got the skills to pay the bills.:) the self portrait is kinda funny in a way. what the hell planet are you on? and what happens when you come across a bunch of zombies? are you gonna stab them with your pencil?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
wow nice! My favourites are the first (lol @ the shadow) and the last one (those green eyes are so well done).

What do the creatures in the last 3 pics represent?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Muchas gracias for all the nice feedback! (And lol at the zombie comment :) )

Good job. The last reminds me a lot of the work of Lori Earley.
Thanks! And yeah, I used a Lori Earley figure as my reference. :) The way my teacher had us work was to find a reference for everything, so there's definitely a lot of influence from actual artists in my stuff.

wow nice! My favourites are the first (lol @ the shadow) and the last one (those green eyes are so well done).

What do the creatures in the last 3 pics represent?
Thank you! The creatures are symbolic of my "inner demons" and generally being overwhelmed. I also put them in because I thought they looked cool. :) The ones from the last two pics were based on work by Dan May.

·
Registered
32 Posts
These are absolutely beautiful! i am absolutely amazed that you're only in high school. keep up the good work! :)

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Yowza - those are great! I love art, and I think you've done really well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts