Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know a lot about social anxiety, especially because I've never been officially diagnosed but I research it constantly on the Internet: ways to overcome social anxiety, symptoms ect. So I just wondered if sometimes some people are easier to talk to than others.
In my science class the teacher moves the seating plan around every half term to get us all to know each other more. I was sat with this one girl (let's call her Charlotte) for a half term and I never spoke to her properly, I would sit next to her physically shaking and was unable to look her in the eye. Thankfully she is one of the nicest people I've met and I messaged her to say I wasn't confident and she doesn't hold anything against me. Other people in her friendship group are easier to talk to though and I have gradually become comfortable with some of them to the point one of the girls offered me a chance to sit on their prom table. I accepted after and long time of thought which involved me panicking if I could ever do it but I've read so much on the Internet that you must face your fears to overcome them and I decided I will give it a go.
I still can't speak to everyone who will be on the table properly and I wondered the best way to go about getting to know them, I find it so hard to start the conversations but I'm worried if I don't I will back out of prom and potentially annoy the people I want to become friends with most.

·
Registered
91 Posts
as a male in my first year of college I can share that feeling. Whenever there is an attractive girl next to me I make a complete fool of myself. is this girl in your grade? if so you should talk to her, the worst case scenario is that she doesn't want to talk. I was never diagnosed with SA either but I know I have it. just talk to her see what happens =). just say something like " hey did you do the science homework yesterday"? or " what do you think of mr/mrs_____________?"
you can do iiiit
-Nate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts