Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Post!!!

What music is everyone into? For some reason that's always one of the first questions I'll ask someone lol. Right now I've been listnening to the new Sufjan Stevens and The National - Alligator a lot . What have you been listening to lately?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
My current and eternal love is classical music, perhaps the greatest achievement in western art.

Nothing comes close in terms of scope and complexity, as well as emotional power and sublimity... :b :banana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
mikeofbodom said:
mostly death metal/viking metal and huge fan of videogame music ;)
used to be into heaps of punk/rock
Videogame music is awesome. My friend is a musical genius and the first thing i always ask him to play is zelda or mario. :lol

Other than that i like rock and country.
 

·
Super Beaver
Joined
·
8,033 Posts
Sleater-Kinney!!!!! I figure it'll be another month before their new cd finally gets a break from my player :lol Mostly indie/punk/riot grrrl stuff with a bunch of oldies mixed in :)
 

·
Magnanimous carcinoma
Joined
·
6,888 Posts
folk rock, punk rock, indie rock, stoner rock, glam rock.. well, you get the point. I also like old blues and other stuff as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Rock. Punk and Pop seem to be Rockish as well, so I usually categorize everything under Rock. :stu

The radio seems to be playing nothing but rap and hip-hop lately. They're okay, but I'm not much into them. I guess I'm not trying that hard to be a gangsta.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,162 Posts
I listen to most kinds of music, although I haven't liked much country music since the early 80s. What I listen to depends on my mood, I guess. In the past few days, I went from listening to Green Day, The Offspring, and bands like that to slipping back into my 80s hard rock/metal mode today, cranking the Motley Crue, Sammy Hagar, and even Cinderella -- "Shelter Me" is an awesome song.

Brian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Wow, this is a really hard question to answer. :b

Jazz, Show Tunes, Standards, Classical, Opera, some old Rock and Folk. I always enjoy discovering new artists and composers.

Some of my favorite musicians/bands:

Chet Baker, Nick Drake, Bix Beiderbecke, Art Pepper, Mario Lanza, The Kinks, The Doors, Johnny Mathis, Lee Wiley, Sarah Vaughn, The Bee Gees, Alfred Drake, Len Cariou...

Composers:

Stephen Sondheim, Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein, Lorenz Hart, Strauss, Alan J. Lerner, Fredrick Loewe, Cole Porter, Leonard Bernstein...

Yes, I know I have strange taste in music. ;)
 

·
Comfortably Numb
Joined
·
347 Posts
I listen to A LOT of classic rock. Jimi Hendrix(he had SA), Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Metallica (pre-greed era), Rage Against The Machine, sublime, long beach dub allstars, etc.

Also old school rap like 2Pac, Biggie, Mobb Deep, and various others. The new stuff is crap IMHO.

Also some classical stuff I like a lot.. can't really name any off hand at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
in_my_prison said:
mikeofbodom said:
mostly death metal/viking metal and huge fan of videogame music ;)
used to be into heaps of punk/rock
Videogame music is awesome. My friend is a musical genius and the first thing i always ask him to play is zelda or mario. :lol

Other than that i like rock and country.
the music in final fantasy X is cool. u know the one that gets played in the video when u turn the game on. my freind can play that on piano that lucky *******. i like lots of different metal bands mainly GnR, megadeth and metallica
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
hey sgr215. greed era? i hate it when people say thatt about metallica. allright there first 4 albums were definately their best. but there 90s stuff is still good IMO.
 

·
Comfortably Numb
Joined
·
347 Posts
I guess i'm speaking of St Anger. IMHO that was just horrible and an attempt to clone the already popular music of the current generation. I also refuse to buy an album of theres now. They just got to greedy and were basically the cause of the fall of the old napster along with the current RIAA stance of "if you download a mp3 for free, we'll put you in prison". IMHO, you can't stop the downloading of music. Instead, enjoy the millions of dollars you already have and except the fact people will download your music regardless. I download music, and if I like it I buy it. In Metallica's case, I download it and burn it to CD now. :) Anyhow, sorry for getting off subject.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
yeah st anger was terrible but black and the loads u have to admit the music on those cds were well written. through the never is one of my favourite metallica songs. if those albums were made by AC/DC or someone like that then they probably would have been reveiwed better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,114 Posts
<-----Huge music fan. I can like just about anything out there if it has soul and meaningful lyrics. The actual music helps to ;) In fact, I've recently started to listen to some older rap such as Tupac, which is suprising coinsidering just how much of a rock N roll fan I am and have been since I was 6 years old!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,114 Posts
sgr215 said:
I listen to A LOT of classic rock. Jimi Hendrix(he had SA), Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Metallica (pre-greed era), Rage Against The Machine, sublime, long beach dub allstars, etc.

Also old school rap like 2Pac, Biggie, Mobb Deep, and various others. The new stuff is crap IMHO.

Also some classical stuff I like a lot.. can't really name any off hand at the moment.
wow, sgr215, I didn't read this thread before replying, but I could have written your post. Our music tastes are almost indentical. Except I do like some of Metallica's newer stuff like their version of Whiskey in The Jar.
 

·
Comfortably Numb
Joined
·
347 Posts
Nae said:
wow, sgr215, I didn't read this thread before replying, but I could have written your post. Our music tastes are almost indentical. Except I do like some of Metallica's newer stuff like their version of Whiskey in The Jar.
You got some good taste in music! :lol
 

·
Comfortably Numb
Joined
·
347 Posts
If you like video game music try checking out some Dream Theater or Petrucci's solo work. Steve Vai also. Steve Vai has written a lot of video game music. Both are insane guitarists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
HipsterJeans said:
First Post!!!

What music is everyone into? For some reason that's always one of the first questions I'll ask someone lol. Right now I've been listnening to the new Sufjan Stevens and The National - Alligator a lot . What have you been listening to lately?
Sufjan is alright. My brother and I were at the record store, trying to find one of his albums, and my brother asks one of the people there: Which section will I find Sufjan (my brother pronounced it suf Jan, as in janitor or January). Funny in retrospect ... Ok, maybe not so funny but whatever. We also botched the pronunciation of Peyroux on the same trip to the record store (for the record, it's pronounced like the country: Peru).

Anyway, I've been listening to a bit of modest mouse (It's starting to grow on me a little), Iron and wine, Postal service, Atmosphere, And some other stuff I can't identify (These songs are on a mix)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
lately i've been listening to a lot of the rolling stones, moondog, lewis & clarke, neutral milk hotel, nick drake...
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top