Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just me.
63 Posts
My boyfriend and I live in LA. He's 28 and I'm 27, a little older than you, but not by much. Feel free to drop me line anytime.

Are you moving here for college or something?

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
I bet there are people in Los Angeles from here that are your age. I live in California, and i live in the Orange Country area, im about a good 1hour away from los angeles the city.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's a big move so it's understandable you are a bit apprehensive to do so. I live in Orange County just south of Los Angeles myself

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Do you have money saved up and a place to stay? I would say to figure that out first and then work on other things like your furniture and packing, etc..

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Well that is good then. I did something similar, but I only went across half of the country. If you're driving and you have plenty of money for gas then you might want to check out some sites during your trip. It will make it a little more interesting instead of just driving the interstate the entire time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 21 and in LA as well.

That's quite a move... but there's tons of stuff to do down here. If only I could get around to doing them..

Are you moving into the heart of LA city or one of the bordering towns?

·
Registered
10,481 Posts
The pictures and videos I have seen of LA I wouldn't want to live there. I seen those freeways. Those would freak me out.

·
^Yes, that's me.
183 Posts
I'm 20 and also live in Los Angeles!

I'd be more than happy to hang out some time, but be prepared for many awkward silences, LOL. :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hey I live around D.C. so we could have hung out sometime:(. That's just a huge move. I really wish you the best of luck. You are brave to take this risk and start all over from scratch. Looks like you are taking control of your life. Are you driving to L.A. all by yourself?

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I'm sure you'll do fine with the move Orchid :). Sounds like you've got most of the things planned out already. Well done for deciding (and I'm pretty sure carrying out) such a bold move.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
yeah congrats on your move, I hope it all works out well. I live in a major city but I could never see myself moving to LA. I'd love love love to visit it one day maybe for a few days, though. I want to do a Route 66 trip and I have a friend who is moving to LA in a few months and I've already been invited for a visit. I seriously hope this happens.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am 21 and i live in in LA county, 20 min from the city. Good luck with the move, i think it will be a really good thing to start over!

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Some of those freeways are pretty bad. It's best to have someone to go with you cause then you can use the carpool lane, which is usually faster, hehe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts