Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be graduating college soon and my sister has made it pretty clear that I'm going to be on my own as soon as I've graduated. She's even been talking happily and laughing about it with her friends on the phone. I wish my sister would be more sensitive about it since she used to have SA herself, but I guess she's forgotten what it's like to have it. I want to go to grad school, but I don't know if I can afford to pay for it along with cost of living expenses. I also have a lot of anxiety associated with getting a job. I work part time at a library now, but it's a work study position that I didn't even need to interview for. I'm not really afraid of working, I'm afraid of having to interact with coworkers. I want to go to work just to work, but I guess I'm kidding myself if I think there's not going to be some social aspect to it. It's going to be a huge change for me going from having no responsibility besides school work to having to fend for myself completely. Can anyone give me any advice on how to survive on my own with SA?

·
insert witty comment here
6,221 Posts
It is do-able. My advice would be to pace it. Don't have too many big changes all at once. That would make it unnecessarily hard.

Get a job ASAP. Get used to that first and then move out.

Others on here can probably give you advice on what kind of jobs have the least socially exhausting side to them.

Good luck! You can do it :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts