• Other (name them)

Votes: 11 50.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fight Club shocked me.
But Shutter Island ****ed my mind up for a day or 2 thinking about it lol.

If you haven't seen these movies, Do so ASAP.
Fight Club is classic. Shutter Island is a twisted ****ed up movie....In a good way (5x's better then fight club to be honest). Both are great movies with huge twist at the end.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I enjoyed both movies, but I found Fight Club's twist to be much more shocking. I didn't see it coming at all. I had a vague idea of what the twist was about halfway through Shutter Island and I turned out to be right.
I have not seen Usual Suspects..I'll have to rent it.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
I haven't seen Shutter Island yet. Fight Club's twist was pretty mind blowing.

But I voted "other", b/c I think that the Sixth Sense had probably one of the greatest twist endings of all time. I didn't see it coming at all. That was pretty much the movie that made shock/twist endings in psychological horror a staple. I remember a bunch of horror movies tried to imitate it afterwards (such as the Others).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Between Shutter Island and Fight Club, Fight Club definitely takes the cake. Shutter Island was kind of very obvious. I knew exactly what was going to happen about 15 minutes into the movie. I think the twist in War of the Worlds was one of the funniest twists, at the end of the movie I just couldn't believe they went that route.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
1) Memento - ending knocked me on the floor!
2) Total Recall - still cannot figure this one out, movie buffs laugh at me
3) Sixth Sense - i guess the ending was forshadowed at the beginning, but i watched it too closely to notice.

I never watched Fight Club or Shutter Island - i should watch them, some time.

·
Banned
2,398 Posts
Primal Fear is not too bad. There's a twist in the middle of the film and then there's an elaboration to that twist in the end.

---

Personally, its twist is the only thing that made The Usual Suspect worthwhile. Such a chilling ending... "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone." Other then that, the film itself was kind of slow. (But I guess it's structured in that 'get-to-the-point' way in order to make the twist end more shocking and significant).

I should have seen the twist coming for Shutter Island, but I didn't. Regardless, it left me scarred for about a week. (The actual twist; not the fact that I didn't see it coming).

In Fight Club, I actually didn't realize that was supposed to be... regarded as a twist. When the revelation occurred, I think I said something like 'oh. okay.' and just kept watching like it wasn't a big deal.

I knew the twist for the Sixth Sense before even watching the film. Everyone in third grade kept blabbing out the spoilers and whatnot. They were too excited to keep it all in.

I can't remember the twist in Memento. (In fact, I've forgotten the entire plot. I just remember the story being told in a fragmented, non-linear narrative that was VERY disorienting).

·
Registered
143 Posts
I actually knew the ending of Fight Club before I saw the movie, but I still love the twist. :) I also really liked Memento. But "No, I am your father" must have been the most amazing twist before everyone knew about it.

·
I don't even know.....
278 Posts
successful:1059369868 said:
Fight Club shocked me.
But Shutter Island ****ed my mind up for a day or 2 thinking about it lol.

If you haven't seen these movies, Do so ASAP.
Fight Club is classic. Shutter Island is a twisted ****ed up movie....In a good way (5x's better then fight club to be honest). Both are great movies with huge twist at the end.
Fight Club was excellent..brilliant twist..

·
Registered
800 Posts
Fight Club for me. Watching Shutter Island made me feel like a dog chasing it's tail and the ending felt obvious and cheap.

The Sixth Sense and Primal Fear both had cool twists and I'll add NARC to the list also.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts