Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there love their motor racing? Pretty much my life lol, love everything from Formula 1 to Rallying to V8 Supercars and back again. Even did a brief stint working in a V8 Supercar team which was awesome, but tough to make a career.

Anyway, with the Indy 500 and Monaco GP this weekend I felt inclined to make this thread in case there are any other fans out there.

·
Extreme Racing Driver
39 Posts
omfg omfg another member passionate about motorsports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I'm into anything open wheel, sports car, touring car, rally :)
Nascar blows!

·
Worst poster, hands down
303 Posts
Huge fan here. I even started a similar thread a while back but didn't get much of a response. I mainly follow Formula 1 and WRC, but I also watch a bit of MotoGP and touring cars every now and then. F1 is my main focus though. I used to watch races with dad, and some of my earliest F1 memories are flashes of Imola '94. The overhead shots of Senna's wreckage and how dad just sat there, distraught. People say F1 is boring, and sometimes the races are real snoozefests, but then again you have moments like Hakkinen's overtake on Schumi at Spa '00 or Kimi's legendary drive at Suzuka '05. Let's hope this year Monaco manages to provide some excitement for a change.

·
Extreme Racing Driver
39 Posts
I wonder if there will even be an F1. Ferrari and Toyota are totally against the 40 Million budget for 2010 while the other teams are willing to compromise. If Mosley and FIA doesn't compromise at all we can say bye bye to F1...and welcome to lame spec series racing.

Awesome to see more motorsports enthusiasts out there! :)

·
Worst poster, hands down
303 Posts
Seems like Ferrari and Toyota are serious. The proposed two-tier system is bollox, and I think it's supposed to be just a means to get all the teams to agree to the budget cap. Problem is you've got two teams who are having none of it. I'm not worried about Toyota, as they're not really a vital team. But if Ferrari start throwing their weight around, things might turn ugly - proper, breakaway series ugly. As a Kimi fan I really hope they can reach an agreement.

·
Extreme Racing Driver
39 Posts
yea I don't care much for toyota, but if ferrari to leave F1...there goes over 50 straight years of F1 history, the only F1 team to be in F1 since its inception.

·
Extreme Racing Driver
39 Posts
Oh I can't believe Hamilton binned it...lol
I had tipped Button or Hamilton taking pole.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great lap from Button, he is heavy as all hell but managed to still stick it on top. Disappointing from RBR, Vettel has a disaster run and Webber should have been further up, hoping one of them can at least challenge a podium but I doubt it.

·
Worst poster, hands down
303 Posts
Great stuff from Jense, although I'm gutted for Kimi. After such a terrible start to the season I would've liked to see him on pole. We'll see what he can do off the start line with KERS.

I wonder what's wrong with Lewis this weekend. On Thursday he seemed pretty good, but in P3 he was slower than Heikki and then binned it in quali. I've been hearing rumors that Lewis' relationship with Macca isn't what it used to be. I hope that's not the case, he's an immensely talented driver after all, and I think this season has proved it even more than last year. Too bad for poor Heikki. Heikki's not a bad driver, but having one of the top 2 drivers in the business as your team mate isn't going to do wonders to your self-esteem. I hope he can show his true mettle in the race.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't mind it to be honest, done a lot of NASCAR sim racing and really enjoy it, but it can get tediously boring on tv sometimes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm becoming a bigger fan of F1 and some of the feeder aseries. It is hard as heck to find anyone in the states that enjoys racing other than NASCAR or circle track stuff. I'm an engineer by trade so I have always enjoyed the technical aspect of the sport. I wish IRL was more open to creative design. Unfortunately the only major series in the US that pushes the technology aspect seems to be ALMS.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even F1 is beginning to head towards being more of a spec series though unfortunately in a move to reduce costs. Sucks because F1 has always been about the development as much as the racing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Even F1 is beginning to head towards being more of a spec series though unfortunately in a move to reduce costs. Sucks because F1 has always been about the development as much as the racing.
I can't keep up with all the F1 regulation. It seems like they have implemented some drastic changes both for this year and for next year. Is the budget cap for next year set @ $50 million? If these (http://www.fastmachines.com/f1/the-price-of-formula-1/) numbers are correct that will cause some major changes in the series.

You guys in AUS are lucky since you have the V8 Supercar series. I would love to attend some of those races live.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
I think MotoGP is alright.

Cept that i just watch the British Touring Car Championship sometimes since a guy i went to school with competes in it lol.

If he wasn't in it i prolly wouldn't watch it lol.

·
Registered
388 Posts
NASCAR lost my interest the year Earnhardt died. Then it became a commercial and dumbed down "sport" where they change the rules every other week. It's WWE on wheels now.

Racing is hard to get into for most people. I think it kind of fails as a spectator sport, it's much more fun to participate in than watch.

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
I'm a huge fan of rally racing. I haven't been able to get into any other motorsports other than rally I guess i'm just a huge Mitsu and Subaru fan .

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
I like WRC too , i don't get a chance to watch it much these days but i was a huge fan of watching the likes of Peter Solberg, Sebastian Loeb and Marcus Gronholm battle it out.

I dont know if these guys still race today but WRC is certainly the most exciting and entertaining motor sport on four wheels in my opinion.

·
Worst poster, hands down
303 Posts
Holy ****, did anyone catch the last lap of the MotoGP race in Barcelona? Man, was that an epic battle or what? I thought it was all over for Rossi going into the final corners, but he was having none of it.

·
Extreme Racing Driver
39 Posts
Yea Lorenzo even said before that if He lead from the 3rd last corner he'd win the race and Rossi showed him and prooved him wrong. Was an awesome race! Rossi's the man! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.