Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been pregnant or are a mother, how was your SA when you were pregnant?

·
Banned
136 Posts
First, I'd like to tell you congratulations. I'm a mom of a three year old. I absolutely hated every moment of my pregnancy. I had a relatively comfortable pregnancy in that I had no morning sickness. However, I didn't leave the house much. It was made worse when I was asked if I didn't leave the house because I didn't want people to see that I had gained weight.
I just can't stand questions from nosy acquaintances and strangers. I hate it when people used to touch my belly.
My SA was probably worse when I was pregnant because I used to get stared at a lot. I'm pretty and when I got pregnant I became very voluptuous and I used to get inappropriate comments from some men or I would have men shamelessly stare at my breasts.
Now, I'm not saying that your SA will be worse just because mine was. Chances are if you're doing well now, you'll be fine throughout your pregnancy. Don't worry about your baby. Keep active, take your prenatal vitamins, keep all your doctor appointments, eat healthy and try to enjoy your pregnancy. There are many women out there who had the greatest experiences with their pregnancies.
There's a great book called 'What to Expect when You're Expecting'. It has everything you need to know. It's important to keep educated about pregnancy, birthing, pre-natal care, post-natal care of yourself and your baby and you'll eventually be less anxious when you know what to expect.
I don't know if you're at all worried about getting stretch marks, but I recommend you begin using a good stretch mark prevention cream on a daily basis (doesn't have to be expensive) otherwise you can find yourself covered in red or purple scars. Stretch marks can be horrible for the self-esteem and are very difficult if not impossible to erase.
I didn't work during my pregnancy so I'm sorry if I cannot really say anything about it.
I wish you the best!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Iv'e been pregnant twice and i still had anxiety while pregnant.
But then again when i was relaxed i was very relaxed cuz i thought i should relax and take it easy at least for the babies sake lol.
I had a job with my first pregnancy at a deli in an IGA.
I got fired after about 2 months they didnt really give me a reason but i thought it was because i was eating the food too much lol.
Yeah i think its stupid how you have to look for work when your pregnant, they should let you prepare to bring a life into the world without having to worry about getting employment.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi - I just had my first back in March. I had a very wonderful pregnancy (no sickness or complications). I actually, to my surprise, loved being pregnant. Your hormones change drastically and for most women, this will make you feel elated. There was a period that I was highly emotional but that was also husband related... My SA also decreased when I was prego... there's something about your stomach blowing up to the size of a basketball, and having no control over it, that finally made me say "well screw it and screw anyone that doesn't like me." It's only to the very end when you get grotesquely uncomfortable that you begin to want the labor process to get rolling already. At least for me...

I'd say that working or looking for a job is somewhat redundant. You're completely right! But that's bureaucracies for you and all that red tape. I worked right up until the day I delivered. Actually, my work week ended on a Thursday and I went in to labor Friday. But I have an easy desk-job and it's only 1/2 mile away from the hospital and my home. Most women that work at hospitals work right until they start labor. So you can work, with the right job, up until you deliver. Depending on how your pregnancy is going and the type of work you do. I gotta say that even my desk-job exhausted me, so it's not cake.

I'd love to answer any questions from another preggo if you have more... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts