Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Not-So-Hip Hippie
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you think of any?

I've got 2 of the worst offenders:

I don't get the hype surrounding The Dark Knight. I found it rather boring and overlong. The whole premise just seems a tad ridiculous IMHO. I enjoyed some earlier Batman movies & I LOVED Spiderman 2 but DK I just don't get.

Avatar is another one. Overlong, boring & unoriginal IMO. Watched it on a bad blurry DVD so I wasn't distracted by the SFX that everyone seems to gloat about. Its full of plot holes... and "Unobtainium"? Wonder who came up with that :rofl

Star Wars comes to mind as well but i've never watched any of them, so...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Schindler's List
The Dark Knight Rises (I liked The Dark Knight)
Anchorman
Inception
Crash
Gladiator

Gonna get a lot of hate for some of these
Will add more as they come to mind

·
Introvert
232 Posts
IMBAATTT MAANN!

Gravity , boring space "dilemma" full of darthvader breathing but i did enjoy the visuals though. still meeehhhh id rather watch the hobbit over this.

Hunger games

Captain America

Paranormal Faptivity

And Anchorman

·
Scotland Yard
2,770 Posts
Ah, lovely, another opportunity to spill out random negativity. Out of those I have seen:

The Lord of the Rings films - I just can't find anything else in them but tiresome scenes of mutant armies, dialogue that transcends the word meaningless to a new level, and actors that evoke an increasing amazement over the fact that they have ever finished theatre school. The scene where Frodo was lying in bed and everyone was laughing and crying for about twenty minutes just made me want to bang my head against something. A wall, preferably.
Forrest Gump - There are bits in it that are okay but the uncurbed positivity in it just ends up feeling utterly idle.
The Shawshank Redemption - Not necessarily a bad film but by no means among the highest ranks. The flagrant and unsubtle sentimentalism makes for Hollywood at its most unoriginal.
Shakespeare in Love - I am not sure if it is supposed to be a heartwarming love story or a slapstick version of Blackadder, but in any case it succeeds on neither account.
Slumdog Millionaire - It might have been interesting if the ending wouldn't have betrayed that this is, after all, just Hollywood in an Indian setting and if they would have hired a cameraman that did not suffer from epilepsy.
Fight Club - For all the attempts at introducing quasi-philosophical layers and unexpected plot twists, in the end it just feels like a violent film made for people who like violence.
Inception - Perhaps the only thing more irritating than an action film that is plainly just brainless is an action film that pretends to be intelligent, while actually being just brainless.

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Honestly, Ghostbusters. There aren't that many funny moments, the characters aren't well established, and Hudson plays the ultimate token black guy who adds nothing to the group.

I don't see how Avatar is overrated when everyone on the internet likes to **** all over it, even years later. If anything, it's underrated.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Ha yeah I definitely agree with Avatar. It's like a Pocahontas story but with those ugly looking animals. Twilight is also stupid.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Submarine. Twee, self-conscious, predictably trendy rubbish.

The Shining. Not even slightly scary. Irritating more than anything.

·
beep
429 Posts
Frozen - I usually love Disney movies but this was eh.

I didn't like any of the characters and it was just boring IMO, halfway in I was still waiting for the movie to actually start.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I just watched Taxi Driver, and maybe it's because it was so built up, but I was really let down. So many people love that movie, but I just don't get the appeal.

Also the ending doesn't make sense. Even though he killed sex traffickers, he still killed 3 people. He would have got prison time.

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Yeah the dark knight was **** so boring nolan's got nothing on burton. I thought sharknado was so ****, it got good reviews but it wasn't so bad it was good, it was just really bad. I wonder why I even listen to these reviewers sometimes, I want my $8 back mother ****as

·
Banned
3,209 Posts
Inception was overrated. The hype surrounding it was based on the unique plot, but the actual movie was extremely boring to watch.

The Shawshank Redemption - Not necessarily a bad film but by no means among the highest ranks. The flagrant and unsubtle sentimentalism makes for Hollywood at its most unoriginal.
Stopped reading after you mentioned The Shawshank Redemption. I don't think I have watched another movie more times.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
Anchorman is grossly overrated. I haven't watched the sequel yet because I thought the first one was just...stupid.
The entire Hangover series. While there were some funny moments I think it was way over hyped.

·
Very Quiet
2,934 Posts
Hannah Montana "The Movie"..
The Hurt Locker..
Shawshank Redemption..

1 - 20 of 129 Posts