Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Most important presentation of my life....

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Zwick 
Well on Tuesday next week I present my final year engineering project to the stakeholders involved. Normally this would just be to some lecturers from the university who don't really give a rats arse about me or my project, but in this situation I am presenting it not only to two academic supervisors but also the director, support manager and chief engineer of Australian Aerospace, the largest defense helicopter company in the country......

To make things worse, the project has been financed by the company and I have hopes of getting employed full time when I graduate in a few weeks time.

Now a 2 minute talk in class was enough to give me the shakes but this is off the chart, so far off the chart as I type this I am pretty comfortable, maybe I am so far off the chart my body can't comprehend it? :p

Anyway, certainly a big challenge and even bigger opportunity but my god if my SA gets in the way of this I will never forgive myself. Fingers crossed!
It sound's like your in a pickle.. or are you?

Look at the bright side. This sounds like a fantastic opportunity and a big deal. It didn't just happen.. You made it here because of who you are so draw from that.

Also, Why not see a psychologist or NLP coach before hand? Look for one in your area and discuss your fear of this presentation with them.

It is an important junction in your life so why nto eb prepared? I'm sure with soem proffesional help (if you chose to use it) you will be more comfortable.

Cheers and good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.