Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

more indecisiveness from me

151 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  andy1984 
#1 Β·
bleh relationships are so confusing. all my feelings contradict eachother. our lives are so mixed up now its hard to break up. i feel like i want to move on, and i tell her about it. i told her that we would slowly phase our relationship out till we are just friends yesterday, which she could not find surprising as i have been talking about this for ages. we know it is not working as well as we would like and we will break up one day. but right now i have no one else. i think it would be unethical to wait till i finally meet someone else, and i probably wont as long as i am with her because i wont have the motivation. i want to break up but i dont want to stop being close to her, i am afraid of being alone again - even tho we will be best friends. when i think of why it is that i want to break it off i cant quite describe it to myself so i am afraid i am just distancing myself from her because i cant handle emotional closeness. sorry about the unreadable non-paragraphing non-caps using writing.

#2 Β·
Many of us have never even been in this situation to begin with, so it's something even I couldn't say anything about. :stu

#3 Β·
aww no advice at all? oh wel i guess i am set on this phasing the relationship out thing.

an asian girl sat by me on the bus today - i was sitting with my girl/best friend - and i thought she was really pretty. it made me a little anxious and i felt strangely sick. i wish i could talk to such a person - even single i would probably not, but at least i would be free to want to without feeling bad. i know it will be a long time before i am up to talking to strangers but one day i would like to see if the pretty people i keep seeing have nice personalities to match - and it would be nice to express my own personality once in a while as well... :blush

#4 Β·
Its done, we are now sleeping in seperate rooms. That went quicker and less painful than I thought it would - although I get the feeling things may get a little difficult/strained in the near future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.