Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people suffer from the "nighttime depression", but sometimes it just gets really, really difficult.

It just seems like I cannot do anything to make myself happy. I can't bring myself to do anything that I used to enjoy.

I used to work on a number of projects and had a great deal of fun with them, but I've completely lost all of the joy in the things that I've loved so much.

Sometimes, I just go downstairs where it's very quiet; not a sound to be heard, and I just sit there staring into nothing.

It almost seems that my mind doesn't even think about anything at all while I'm stagnant. My mind is just going through the motions.

Every single day, nonstop. It just never ends. It seems like it goes on forever without any breaks. It just never seems like it's going to end. I keep asking myself "Why doesn't this just end!?" But it doesn't.

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
I feel like I'm on a bullet train to that destination as well because of a divorce in process. Certainly joyless and unable to concentrate on what I need to do. I spend too much time on this site.

I wonder if one of those seasonal affective disorder light boxes might help?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just sitting there won't make things any better, I use to go through bouts where I'd stare at my ceiling for weeks. Do you find enjoyment in anything? Music has practically saved my life.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
Why doesn't it just end? A poignant question.

For me the night is the better time, dark and alone. Almost deathlike without concern for what the day brings.

Life - it's so dull and empty that it's hard not to get stuck staring at the wall. When nothing can possibly satisfy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts